Do you still have feelings for your ex?

killbill23

I was wondering if people who are married or have a boyfriend still have feeling for their ex? Do you dream of getting back together with them? I am married with a wonderfull man, but I still have feeling for my first love. I know I and my first love never would be back together, but I still dream about him? Is it normal? How to handle it?

TISH1124

Yes! and we talk and chat all the time ...But we are both the ones that got away! I love my husband dearly...But you can't just fall out of love because you want to....Especially with someone you shared so much of yourself with.

pdtb050606

Ahhh, this reminds me a little of my recent post. I am also happily married to an incredible man, but there is this ONE guy that I do think about, but it's never in a "ooh I want u back kind of way" so I totally understand where ur coming from on this. I think it's completely normal to still have feelings about someone you once were completely in love with, it's a hard thing to deal with b/c you have the guilt feelings (like, is this wrong to feel this) b/c ur married. When I think about it I just tell myself to not fret b/c it's only natural, and then I look at my husband and realize why things didn't work out with the other guy and thank my lucky stars for him
smiles.gif

FiestyFemme

I don't have feelings for either of my exes... one I care about in the sense that I don't want anything to happen to him and want him to have a happy life; the other I couldn't give a damn about.
I definitely don't have romantic feelings anymore for either.
I spent 6 years with one of them, and while I'll always care about him, I don't ever think of him as the one who got away or any what if's.

Shadowy Lady

most def not. I have been with the husband for over 6 years now...my ex before him was a guy I dated briefly for about 6 months when I was 18. Sometimes I can't remember my ex's facial details let alone have feelings for him...hahah.

I'm not a very romantic person though, it took me a year to say "I love you" to my husband (who was my boyfriend then). So I never really loved my ex to start with....

Beauty Mark

I become nostalgic, but I also realize that my exes are exes for many good reasons. It sounds cheesy, but I wouldn't be the person I am today if I were still with them.

benzito_714

not feelings-i care about them equally but i do reminisce about the carefree feeling i had with them. i was in high school, thinking i was cute and doing what i wanted-you know like teenagers do. but now i have responsibilities and its not so easy to be spontaneous when you are wedged between a two-year old and a husband.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Yes! and we talk and chat all the time ...

Yeah I'm in the same situ. My current boyf would flip if he knew just how much contact I had with my ex actually.

We split on bad terms, didn't talk for a year but we've got our f'ship back on track. I won't lie. I still love him to bits and he's at times made me question if this long distance r'ship I'm in at the mo, is the right thing for me.

I care about my boyf dearly but nobody's come close to the connection I had with my ex.

Hmmm ...

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^^ Girl my husband would turn this house over!!! Good thing I CAN keep a secret

tong.gif
Uh-huh ...!

CandiGirl21

I choose "I Don't Know".
My situation is a bit different. My first ever boyfriend was over the net...lol I was fifteen and didn't know shit about real love and a real relationship. Well, I thought it was a good idea back then only because I knew adults did it and other girls my age at the time.

I did have feelings then, but when I think about it, I sometimes think it was an old man trying to lurk my black ass off the net and other times I think he was my age and stupid as hell like I was. What I didn't know then about the "situation" was if it was as serious as I thought or just a game...Hmmm?

P.S. I wasn't that dumb to give him my phone number or met him off the net...Glad I had some kind of sense.

LoveMU

i think about my ex a lot, i wish i could meet someone i felt the same way about.

I can go out with a lot of different guys but I only really really like a guy once in a great while. It is so rare to find someone I really like so it takes a while to get over one when I do.
ssad.gif

NicksWifey

HELL NO. Honestly, I wouldn't stop to pee on him if he was on fire. I haven't seen him in 2 years and I'd like to keep things that way.

SassyMochaJess

^^^ I feel that way 2 except my beautifullllllllll son came out that relationship. I learned for me it's better not to keep in contact with the exes, especally when they try to think its still the way it use to be. Unless you got knocked up like I did and have to put up with the ass from time to time...

hhunt2

I picked "I dont know".

Its odd. A year after the break up (break up was in 2006), I realized that I NEVER loved him; I just really, really liked him (well, and he was my 1st real bf).

But I hated him for what he did to me (he stressed me out. I could never trust him, he was very much of a flirt, he always talked to other gals on the internet/Myspace, he made me cry a lot, after a while he didnt want me to hang out with him, he did a lot of drugs- mainly weed, etc.).

But I do thank him for the experience.
I learned how to be smarter person (I know what I want/don't want in a significant other).

The funny thing is, I think of him every so often. I wonder how is he doing, but I know he will never change. And I never ever would want a relationship with him again (I'd rather slit my wrists than be with him again, lol). So maybe I am over him (or I've grown up to be an adult, while he's still a 25 y/o loser who lives at home with his parents, smokes weed 24/7 and DOESNT pay any bills b/c mommy and daddy pay for everything. He will never learn about life by being shelterd).

It's COMPLETELY normal to think about your first love! They said we never forget the first love because that's the first time we ever really gave of ourselves to comeone completely. It doesn't mean anything bad...so don't worry
cutey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMU
i think about my ex a lot, i wish i could meet someone i felt the same way about.

I can go out with a lot of different guys but I only really really like a guy once in a great while. It is so rare to find someone I really like so it takes a while to get over one when I do.
ssad.gif

I TOTALLY relate!! the same exact thing happened to me. I can't seem to feel the same way about anyone as I felt about my ex. I trullllllllly hope that changes at some point
th_dunno.gif

VDUB*BELLA

I have thought about it in the past but I quickly realized I was in love with the idea of "what could've been..." But I know *that* guy was not for me and that we are not together for a reason
th_dunno.gif

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
I think of him every so often. I wonder how is he doing, but I know he will never change. And I never ever would want a relationship with him again.

You took the words out of my mouth.