do you think MA's make the MAC experience?

michelle :)

i think they do, well of course they do ... i have a freestanding store and i only go to buy the pans, and pigments and stuff i cant pick up at my counter. other than that, my counter gets ALL my business. the people at the counter are so great! i know them all by name ... i'd rather depot all my shadows and spend time with them than go to the freestanding store. i think that if my mac experience didn't start at that counter, that i wouldn't be an addict!

aziajs

Yeah, they do. If you have a really good one who is nice and easy to talk to and they really know the product well, it can introduce you to so many new things and make you have a greater appreciation for MAC products. And you want to keep coming back.

LatinaRose

I tend to like the MAs at the counter more as well. I try to avoid the store b/c it is always so damn crowded and the MAs are really busy and not so helpful. I feel like I get more personal attention at a counter.

libra14

I'm the complete opposite I guess. In my city, I hate the Nordie's counter. I bought a lipglass and lip pencil there about 3 year's ago. I didn't receive what i expected and I wasn't really impressed and I stuck with BB. It took me about the time Tempt me/Tease me was released before I tried again. I happened to check into the Pro store one day and I met John. I've been an addict ever since.
It's a 45 minute drive for me (Nordie's is about 15) but John was promoted several months ago. I knew he was good so I wasn't surprised. Now I always go to see Cindy. She's right up my alley and I just love her. The 2 times I ventured to Nordie's because I had to get a fix I don't like what I have purchased there. The MA's just always seem bored and busy. I prefer the spunkiness of the pro store.

LivinginPink

I use to think so, but I usually go to the FS store and they are usually rude, and their makeup sucks. (sorry but it does, its plain and not even, evenly applied) I think I'd rather go the the Bay locations because they are nice and spend time with you.

angelamarie

I haven't had any over-the-top wonderful (or bad for that matter) experiences because I usually go in and know exactly what I want. And they're normally so busy that about all they have time for is to grab what I ask for and ring me up. I do love looking at the MAs makeup though...that makes my experience for me.
smiles.gif

ChrisKsAngel

All I have in my area is a counter, but I love going there. The girls are very nice and answer all my questions (well, all except for one).
ssad.gif
However, I do notice when I venture to other larger counters that the MA's have can have a bad attitude. I have never been to a free standing store
ssad.gif
but I want to go to one really bad...

pinkfeet

No, I dont care. I know what I want, I buy it. I dont want help, I dont need it, I dont want any makeovers, opinions, questions asked or anyone touching me.

I buy from the store since I have to, to use my discount or order from the website.

The only time I would go to Nordies is if I HAVE to get something LE but 9 times outta 10 it ends up at the CCO any way.

Before my discount I would shop at the counter at Nordies because they were at tad nicer and the return policy was much better.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose
I tend to like the MAs at the counter more as well. I try to avoid the store b/c it is always so damn crowded and the MAs are really busy and not so helpful. I feel like I get more personal attention at a counter.

Yeah, the store is always busy, even though its in a mall with 3 other mac counters..
I like the counter because you get more attention. I always seem to see the same people at the counter where as the store its always different people.

NICOLE73

I think they definitely make a difference. I wish I could find a good MUA in Calgary. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Isis

To me it makes a HUGE difference. I won't shop anywhere that I get bad service unless I absolutelly have to, like if they have something the other stores or bay's dont.
Today when I called my favorite store with a question about EZR the MA knew exactlly who I was after me saying 3 words. Now that's service when they recognize your voice!

litlaur

I don't always need help, but a friendly and potentially helpful MA always makes it a better experience. I went shopping with my sister the day after Christmas, and I hate shopping when it's crowded. It took a little while, but an MA was able to help us and we got out of there pretty quickly. I also like recognizing the MAs and vice versa. Even if they don't get to me right away, they at least say hello and ask if I need help.

Joke

Since we don't have MAC here in Belgium, I don't have contact with any MA.
I always buy on holiday, so I go to different counters in different countries ...
If only there would be a MAC here ... it would make me life so much more easy
smiles.gif

CaptainMac

for me it doesn't matter too much cause I usually know what I want and if I'm browsing I can too easily find something to buy on my own. However, the freestanding stores' MAs seem to have such a reputation for having an attitude problem which I just DON'T see. They always seem very sweet, helpful and knowledgable in my experience.

pushhupsindrag

i think so. i would so prefer to just buy everything online cause to me that is so much easier. but i usually dont cause i would ather go and see my mac friends. i think you can really learn alot from them and its really fun to be able to talk them about makeup and stuff.

Sushi_Flower

It makes a huge difference, i've had one very bad experience at my counter and in general i'm not happy with the service, knowledge and enthusiasm of my counter apart from a few SAs. I've tried to give them a chance but after time and time again knowing alot more than the SAs and being met with barely any enthusiasm to help and wierd and awkward scenarios, i've given up and now use most of the SAs only at the end of my visit just so they can get the item i want from the shelf and put it through the counter.

inbigtrouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfeet
No, I dont care. I know what I want, I buy it. I dont want help, I dont need it, I dont want any makeovers, opinions, questions asked or anyone touching me.

On the whole, I have to agree with you. I usually know what I want and prefer to be left alone to browse. I live very near the freestanding store in Broooklyn and I have yet to have a positive experience with the MAs there. I have had good experiences with Nordies MAs when I lived out West, but not with the Macy's MAs here, either.

I think that MAs could have the potential to "make" the experience if you need their help, and they definitely have the potential to "break" the experience.

Latest posts