do you think this job is worth it ??Macy's

glamdkyi

I've been a partime freelance artist for about 3 yrs I just decided to go full time so now I am in overtime trying to build clientelle so I interviewed at macys for a makeup postion..there were none available so my first reaction was why did you interview me if there were no positions lol so they offered me a seasonal position as a fragrance ringer and told me that they will interview me once a makeup position becomes available. ..I would like to know is it worth taking this job just to get my foot in the door or will it atleast be a good job to have I am so torn...I need some advice ladies

gmalmom

I'm a counter manager at a Macy's and yes, working in the department as a seasonal is a great way to get your foot in the door. We love to hire from our seasonals for our open positions!!!

However, you may not be able to freelance in a Macy's store if you are working for Macy's. It's considered a conflict of interest, so if you already freelance there, you may want to rethink it. And you will be tied to a schedule…you don't get to pick your own hours if you are a regular part time BA or full time BA.

My store is very good about working with me to make my schedule work for my family and for my life. The people I work with are awesome and we have a great time!! I've worked for several cosmetic lines in different stores and by far, this is the best experience I've had.

glamdkyi

[@]gmalmom[/@] I worked the seasonal position and the offered me a clarins counter manger position which I accepted in December it is currently February and I work for clarins with sales goals and all the responsibilities but I am still a ringer making no commission and 8$ an hour so of course I had to walk away from that situation I think that I was very patient but i feel that was very un professional and also after I quit they offered me 11$ which I still feel is horrible because I'm a licensed esthetician and it's a manager position

Latest posts