Do you use makeup by MaryKay?

Shawna

I've only ever used their clear lipgloss that came in the pink tube? It was super thick and tasted kind of weird. When I first tried too faced lip injection, I had a mary kay gloss flashback. Same taste, same texture. Anyhow, we have a few members here that do use Mary Kay so I am sure they can give you some tips
smiles.gif

Quiana

I got some samples from my bro in law because he works in the lab in Dallas. Not much pigment IMO, so I chucked them....

sunsational

i used their medium coverage foundation and it was good but i needed a change. i also have the mattifier which i think is alright

xiahe

i have some MK orders pending from one of my good friends...i bought an e/s duo called "fig" (purples...lol) and an automatic sharpening e/l pencil in black. my friend swears by this stuff, so i'll let you know once i get it.

Corvs Queen

I use Mary Kay when I want to tone things down. Like back when I worked at Nationwide Insurance, that's all I would wear. I like the Medium Coverage Foundation, lip gloss, the wooden eyebrow pencil, all the bath stuff and I love, love, LOVE their nailpolish and Timewise body lotion. My favorite eyeshadow by them is copper beach. It's soooo pretty for summer. Like someone said, it's not super pigmented so if you are expecting colors to come out bold like MAC then this is not for you. Oh and I love their Bronzing beads. Hope that helps.

glittergoddess27

I am a consultant and buy their stuff for personal use,..Their skincare rocks,..Timewise rules,.. but the color is super neutral,..their shadows have gotten much better and their blushes as well,..(They brought in the guy, Robert Jones, who does makeup for Sheryl Crowe and Disxie Chicks to help!) their pressed powders and loose powders are good,.. but the new foundations are deccent but hard to use,.. they come out with limited stuff each quarter and this is usually the best stuff geared toward the younger crowd,..but it is just that limited,...and kittensluvmac,.. you should have made that POS gal take that back! She sold you old product and that is a NO-NO big time,.. She could return it for something else at no charge to her or you,..or refunded your money.

kimmy

last year when i went to midwinter, i wore all marykay stuff. i liked it, but the colours are a bit too bland for me...it's good quality, just not a whole lot of variety.

Vendetta

^Agreed that the colours are bland. They are probably meant for business/work wear and older people IMO. But the Mocha Freeze l/s and the Dusty Rose l/l are awesome, and the Satin Hands kit is amazing...other than that I'm not too particular about MK stuff.

mallory

I had some foundation and it was disgusting. It had like little grains of sand or something similar in it and it smelled horrible. I really don't like MK at all.

ChynaSkye

ironic story

i had a customer come up to my counter for the first time pissed off at her friend. she told me that she had bought a ton of MARY KAY stuff from her because of how much her friend loved the stuff... then literally the next day her friend pulled out her bag of mac products and began to touch up... not a single mary kay product in sight.

pinkarcade

Before I got into MAC that is all I used. I liked the eyeshadows - they are very neutral in colors but I think they could really pop if used with a primer.

Now as a MAC addict I still will wear their Bronzer & blushes. I don't think their foundation works as well as MAC's studio fix.

sasse142

I use a little bit of everything......my sister in law used to sell it and stopped cause she new very little about makeup. She stopped selling just as fast as she started and she gave me almost all of her inventory....some stuff i like, others I don't, I like the time wise collection for the hands, lip mask, and eyeshadows and love the eye makeup remover......dats basically it

MissMarley

no, i was really offended by a lady who tried to sell it to me by telling me that every other cosmetics company bought aborted fetuses from doctors to use in their skincare. that's just the stupidest thing i'd ever heard, so i boycotted it (at least from her). and she's the only one who has tried to sell me.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

I use the lip mask and its quite good, and some paint like eye things... iceicles or something like that in bronze and vanilla... I love them...

Latest posts