Do you use your eyeshadow base when you apply eyeliners/eyeshadows under your eyes?

neotrad

How do you apply your eyeshadow under your eyes to stay the eyeshadow the way it should? And also if you line under your eyes like your waterline and below it with the eyeliners/pencils, do you apply eyeshadows over them?
I admit that I suck at doing them...and I also end up erasing them.
ssad.gif

Any tips?

nup

I use e/s base under the eye if I'm going to use a shadow there, but not if I'm lining with a pencil. I never, ever use eyeshadow on the waterline, I've never tried it but I think it would be irritating. In the hot summer months when I sweat a lot, I generally line first with a fluidline (or paintpot) and then pat some shadow on it, but that's mainly because there are far more shadow colors out there than liners! HTH

thelove4tequila

I sometimes use shadesticks as a base for my lower lash line shadow. Most of the time I use fluidliners on the bottom and a e/s on top to give it a little something extra. And your top/bottom liner doesn't always have to match either. Sometimes I put Blacktrack f/l on top and say Graphic Brown on the bottom with another brown e/s on top of that for my lower lashline. I do that when I don't want a dark/harsh black e/l look.