Do you usually take pics of ur own fotd or have someone else do it?

jackie100

Just wondering, cause I find that 95 percent of pics I take of my MU ends up with my eyes half closed, looking cross eyed, or looking just "really weird" cause I'm taking them myself. Just wondering if everyone takes their own pics or if you have someone there to help. Thanks

brokenxbeauty

I take most of my pictures myself because other people don't seem to know what I'm looking for and aren't super excited to take tons of pictures of me, although I'm not sure why?
winks.gif

Lizzie

I take them myself.
Something that might help is to take them in front of a mirror so that you can see the screen of your camera in the reflection and make sure you look right
greengrin.gif

gigiopolis

I take them myself because no one would be patient enough to take them for me. Sometimes I take 50+ pictures and only use 1 or 2. It just requires a lot of practice!

I find I look really dumb when I'm closing my eyes fully. I like just looking down to get a picture of the full eyelid.

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
I take them myself because no one would be patient enough to take them for me. Sometimes I take 50+ pictures and only use 1 or 2. It just requires a lot of practice!

I find I look really dumb when I'm closing my eyes fully. I like just looking down to get a picture of the full eyelid.

exactly the same XD

I never let anyone take my picture of my makeup

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie
I take them myself.
Something that might help is to take them in front of a mirror so that you can see the screen of your camera in the reflection and make sure you look right
greengrin.gif

Yep, this is exactly how I have been doing it, still the pics look weird when I take them of myself, for example nose looks a lot bigger and prominent...

I don't really have the option of anyone else taking pics of me, I live by myself and I'm always home alone so.... gotta take them myself.

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Use a timer.

Yes, Brittni
smiles.gif
A timer is great.

My hubby & I were discussing this last Night.
He can always tell from the photo when somebody's got
the "photo arm" position.

His suggestion is use of a tripod.

xxxxCherylFaithxxxx

ms_bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenxbeauty
I take most of my pictures myself because other people don't seem to know what I'm looking for and aren't super excited to take tons of pictures of me, although I'm not sure why?
winks.gif

Hehe ...

I've done the in-front-of-the-mirror trick one. How about those cameras that let you turn the viewfinder towards yourself so that you can see what the picture will look like?

jbid

i'm terrible at taking them myself, so i "use" my husband for the job lol!
he's really good in photography so he does a good job. but i suck at applying make-up so i never post them
smiles.gif

NicksWifey

I always take my own, but I've used a timer before, never when I take my FOTD pics, but when I want to take a picture with someone else, I'll just prop that sucka up
winks.gif

nelyanaphonexia

I take them all myself....but I am a semi-professional photographer, so I would feel weird letting anyone else near my camera/taking that many pictures of me and my makeup. I'm very touchy and picky about it. :p

I use a tripod and the timer unless I'm in a hurry. Then I get the "self-portrait-photo-arm" thing goin' on. But I figure for a FOTD, no one will be too bothered about it.
smiles.gif

Temptasia

It would be weird for me to have someone take my photos for FOTDs...no one would have the patience.

I just hold the camera out, but not far enough that you can see my arm. It also means I take close head shots which make my head appear gigantic....but the focus is mainly the face so it's ok.

glam8babe

i always take them myself, i take like 50 or something then pick the best.. half of them end up looking weird lol like my eyes look like im asleep or something

chocolategoddes

Myself. Timers are too frustrating sometimes. I usually stand in front of a source of natural light, hold the camera a full arms length from my face, click and smile, then crop my arm out before posting.

Don't forget the macro setting for closeups!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bloom
Hehe ...

I've done the in-front-of-the-mirror trick one. How about those cameras that let you turn the viewfinder towards yourself so that you can see what the picture will look like?

My old Powershot had that feature. MAN I miss it. *sigh*