Does anybody have any Cosmetology School Recommendation

Robby_Raynebow

I am going into 11th grade next year and I'm very passionate about attending Cosmetology school.

I am doing a BOCES program next year where I will train for 5 periods a day at a separate school. By the time I graduate I will have the hours to take the State Board Exam. While I take the BOCES program, I will be a receptionist at one of my local salons. Now either I want to further my education in NYC and find a salon job. Or I want to move to Cali. and attend a school there to get my license there as I need 600 more hours there as opposed to New York.

Hair has been a passion of mine for years. Over the past few years I have been very serious about learning the art. My grandmother (cosmetologist for 55 years) and my friend who works in a salon have taught me a great deal of what I need to know for the state boards. The director of the program has told me that I will most likely have no problem passing the state boards. I just want to learn as much as humanly possible. I've never had a problem picking up things, but I've never had as much passion about something as I do hair.

I was wondering whether anybody had any school recommendations, tips for breaking into the industry, any info would be greatly appreciated. (I'm not worried about affordability of the school)

After school, I want to work in a high end salon as a assistant then stylist, Build my clientelle and I dream of opening up my own salon once I think that I can afford opening it while still living comfortably. Probably around my 30's. But that's just my dreams.

Again, anything anybody can tell me about the industry will be greatly appreciated.

coquetayloca

Try looking at the schools that MAC lists for the Pro Student memberships. I have no idea about other specific schools, but if MAC lists these schools they must be decent...
smiles.gif

MAC Pro | Membership | Pro Student