Does anyone else get this?

liquidsirenhoney

So yes i love make-up, i'm a little out there at times but i tend to not care what others think......but at work one day a guy made a comment about how i was probably a slut....funny since i haven't had sex in ages....so i asked one of the guys, and he said i would think that too if i didn't know you....I asked him why and asked if it was the make-up...he said yes.
Why does make-up and the fact that i wear really bright colors make me appear this way? Or are guys really that dumb?

Isis

Guys have this thing about judging a girl by how much or little she wears. I'm not so sure about colors, b/c I love bright colors on my eyes but a nude lip, but deffinitelly know the amount has something to do with it. It's just how they are, what they learn by association, media, etc I suppose. The guys I hang out with would say the same thing. And I did ask them last night. They said it's not attractive when it looks like a girl has used a spackle trowel to put it on. Whether people like to admit it or not but a person will judge another within seconds of seeing them for a first time. Of course we all know that can change if you actually get to know them. We're all guilty of that to some extent.
So don't worry about it, guys will be guys. And as long as you know you're beautiful (which you are) that's all that matters.

user4

oh wow!!! that's such an idiot thing to say. some people are just completly ignorant about certain things!

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsirenhoney
Or are guys really that dumb?

ita with lani.. YES!

caffn8me

I don't think it's fair to tar all guys with the same brush but the behaviour you describe is quite common. A British Judge, James Pickles, infamously gave a rapist a lenient sentence because he thought that the manner in which the victim was dressed was "asking for it".

I'm sure the guys who are members of this forum would react totally differently though.

Ms. Z

Yes, they are stupid!. Let’s start with that he should not even make a comment to you like that. By the way, woman too make comments like that.

Almost everyone I know wears little to absolutely no makeup, and I can tell you that two of the ones that don't wear any make-up are the ones, OK let's play nice, with the questionable behavior. And one of the woman I know that dresses conservative and doesn’t like going around revealing skin is not conservative in any other way, that one is actually two cans short of a six pack.

I feel that people should not be judged by the way they look, unfortunately people are. At most jobs unless you work at a makeup counter or as an entertainer the best rule seems to be less is more.

liquidsirenhoney

well i will continue to wear my bright eyeshadows and just know that most men are ignorant...i know it's human nature to judge a book by it's cover but it seems so foolish..it's funny though when i wear no eyeshadow everyone asks why...they like the colors go figure.

jess98765

are guys dumb??? what a question- of course they are .....lol! hahaha
smiles.gif
nah, guys are just abit clueless about this kinda stuff!

pushhupsindrag

i do think that guys judge woman on the amount of makeup that they wear. i think that actually being able to wear makeup and make it look good should be something good and be considered bad. alot of guys i know said that it makes them think that they are so insecure with themselves that they need to wear alot but that is so not true. and just because someone wears alot of makeup doesnt mean their a slut, that was so rude of them to say that to you.

joytheobscure

I wear full makeup every day and always have - and one guy I worked with a couple of years ago made the comment about calling me a hooker (this was told to me by my 50 year old guy friend) the thing was I moved to teach at this school because my friend told me about it and he was a older man - (I was friends with his wife too) and then I was friends with the guy I co taught with so people can be nasty..... I really could give a rats *** to what people think of me and my makeup I look good :::crossing fingers:::: and I'm happily married <grin> Men are stupid sometimes.

liquidsirenhoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by joytheobscure
I wear full makeup every day and always have - and one guy I worked with a couple of years ago made the comment about calling me a hooker (this was told to me by my 50 year old guy friend) the thing was I moved to teach at this school because my friend told me about it and he was a older man - (I was friends with his wife too) and then I was friends with the guy I co taught with so people can be nasty..... I really could give a rats *** to what people think of me and my makeup I look good :::crossing fingers:::: and I'm happily married <grin> Men are stupid sometimes.

yeah the girls all tell me it looks good and most of the guys...there are just a few that give me the look like why is it that bright ( i used green a lot so...)

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pei
Just bear in mind we do whatever is for ourself, not for others.

ITA!!!!

I had people in highschool that thought I was slut and I didn't even wear that much makeup. I didn't revealing. I do have big boobs so it's not like I can hide them and yes I did show off a tad bit of boobage once in a great while but I didn't have sex until I was 18 and I wouldn't even let my boyfriends "feel me up". It was all because of a friend I hung out with. She was very "friendly" so they just thought I was the same way.
People assume too much!
I say do what you like!

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
Yes, they are stupid!. Let’s start with that he should not even make a comment to you like that. By the way, woman too make comments like that.

Almost everyone I know wears little to absolutely no makeup, and I can tell you that two of the ones that don't wear any make-up are the ones, OK let's play nice, with the questionable behavior. And one of the woman I know that dresses conservative and doesn’t like going around revealing skin is not conservative in any other way, that one is actually two cans short of a six pack.

I feel that people should not be judged by the way they look, unfortunately people are. At most jobs unless you work at a makeup counter or as an entertainer the best rule seems to be less is more.

I totally agree with you on this! I know one woman who has no qualms over sleeping with married men and one night stands but wears absolutely no makeup and did not really make an effort on herself at all in any way, I have another former friend who is the same way - scared to wear makeup but not scared to hit on anything that looks at her. LOL! I wear lots of makeup and wouldn't talk to most guys - oh well I'm married anyways -

KJam

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsirenhoney
Or are guys really that dumb?

They can really be that dumb (and hopeful!)

Heather_Rae

I think that it is just wishful thinking on their part. They think you are hot and imagine you being a slut...lol.

Latest posts