Does anyone ever feel like getting rid of everything?

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsssea
Don't do it. If you don't use particular items, you can get rid of them but don't get rid of things that you like.use because you're being told to. Honestly, your collection sounds very modest and it's not like you have too much stuff to be able to use it. Then again, this is coming from a girl with over 100 lip products.

If you read the thread a little bit further, you'll see that she did in fact get rid of everything (this was months ago, this is an old thread) but she started making her own cosmetics
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Yes! I am getting rid of all b/u and stuff that I had no business purchasing anyway...It has just become too much for me and consumed to much of my everyday and my wallet! I will not buy Makeup unless I really need it and it is something I will really wear...I'm over the hype of buying just to have...

M.A.C. head.

I'm really disappointed that she got rid of everything, not that my disappointment means a damn thing, but still.

TISH1124

Oh thats right this was aold thread....yeah she did say she trashed thousands of $$$ worth of stuff...I found that to be a waste...But her money her stuff.. I would never trash anything...I would give it away or sell it before I just put good products in the trash....

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Oh thats right this was aold thread....yeah she did say she trashed thousands of $$$ worth of stuff...I found that to be a waste...But her money her stuff.. I would never trash anything...I would give it away or sell it before I just put good products in the trash....

Yeah, that and the part about her family fighting with her over it. It's her stuff! That's the point, she should have just kept on stepping because it was her money and her stuff and it was something that made her happy. I feel like she gave in to appease other people, and that's not cool.

Makeupaddict88

I'm sorry, but I've never felt like that ever. I also have about 9 different brands, with basically the same colors haha. I showed my mom how I organized all my stuff recently and she was so shocked I had so much. Granted I get told all the time that I dont "need" all that stuff but it's not a matter of needing, it's a matter of wanting. I plan on going to make up school and doing make up as a side thing so why not keep my collection growing?? I always have stuff my mom/sister may need so my "hobby" also helps out in the long run.

But if you ever want to donate.....JK

Kayteuk

I dont feel like getting rid of it, I just simply get what I think to be the "perfect" collection, which I think I am at now, and then stop buying to have, and just replace what I need.
So now I have moved on to..Opi...I hope my perfectionist habbits end soon...

I think its pointless throwing away stuff, I think its better to either give to to someone to use, sell it, or recycle
smiles.gif

Macnarsandlove

I have about 10 eyeshadow palettes 5 blush and I just threw up in my mouth a lil thinking about all the other stuff I have.
I know I have spent easy $7000+ in the last 6 yrs. I would have had a bad ass shoe collection or some nice purses instead of the crappy faux leather h&m one I have. I think I bought so much cause I felt like I had discovered some new great thing when I got into makeup.
The amount of dupes I have is sick too. I frosty beige shadow that cost $4 is just as good as the $22 NARS one I have. Being a label whore when it comes to makeup applies to me with foundation only. Thats the only thing I cant buy cheap. Certain colors are a must but I feel like Im over bright colors so now I think its time to sell my stash.

moonlit

I feel guilty when I look at my collection
cry.gif
because I use very few products and some things just sit in my desk.I love my stuff. (most of it anyways) I'd love it more if I could wear eye shadows to work. I go barefaced to work sometimes and well seeing my lifestyle I stick on to foundations, msfs like warmed that isnt too much for daily wear etc.

Septemba

I agree with Kayteuk about dreaming of the 'perfect collection'.

I go between wanting everything and anything in my kit so that the perfect thing is always at hand and I feel like an artist with all my stuff... and wanting only things that I absolutely adore 120% around me.

drieyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by invadersads
sometimes i look at everything i have and i miss the times when i just had a little bit of products and they were dearer to me because they were what i needed. it's hard to explain but i feel now i have so much sometimes i'm like, do i really need 8 shades of green? i can't seem to part with it all because i love having more and collecting and seeing all the wonderful colors but other times i miss having just a little humble bit of makeup before i was constantly seeking new things to buy lol.
it's hard to explain but yes, sometimes i want to get rid of everythin but what will fit into one little box or something (which it all did less than a year ago lol) but not because of what anyone else says, mostly just because i miss having my few little dear things in my small little traincase.

I so totally agree with you.
th_wink3.gif

Latest posts