Does Estee Lauder carry shades for black women/woc?

KaytieBaybie

I am a NW50 and really want to try the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I am hearing great things about it but when I went to check out the shades online the darkest color was listed as "Truffle"-which does not look very dark...at all.

Any women of color have experience with this foundation? I want to get color matched but if they don't carry my shade I want to save the time and embarrassment of not being able to match my shade.

Well... my mother who is probably between an NC42 and NC45 used to wear Estee Lauder faithfully and it was a perfect for her. I don't know what colors she wore or anything like that since she began using Lancome for foundation but they definitely supply shades for black women.

MAChostage

EL does indeed have shades for WOC in their foundation lines, although they may not be suited to all hues, as is usually the case with a great many lines. Fortunately, however, they will give you ample samples of whatever you'd like to try. I'm NC 44ish and I tried a sample of the regular DoubleWear formula in 5W1 Bronze, which worked for me. I also tried a sample in the DoubleWear Light formula in Intensity 4.0 and ultimately purchased it. I think it's a great foundation, at least go give it a look and pick up some samples.