Does *every* Macy's have a MAC counter?

karen

I recently heard that all Hecht's stores will be converting to Macy's by August.

While I have a CCO 10 minutes away from me; I currently have to travel 45 minutes(heavy traffic, and 2 cities away) to reach my closest MAC counter, and an hour(or more, with traffic) to reach my closest freestanding store.

However, there is a Hecht's not even 10 minutes away from here.
The Hecht's doesn't currently have a MAC counter... so basically, I'm wondering(wishing/hoping/BEGGING) if they'll have a MAC counter once they convert to a Macy's store.
Has anyone here ever seen a Macy's that DIDN'T have a MAC counter?
tia!

ledonatella

All Macy's do not a MAC store, your store has to do so many million in sales volume before MAC will consider putting a counter in regardless of it being Macy's or whatever. Our Kaufmann's stores around here are going through the same thing and while one is gained a MAC counter another will not because it's just too small. I used to work in retail management and that was always what we were told, however I don't remember the exact $$ amount a store has to do before it makes MAC worth their while so your store might still get one.

karen

aww
ssad.gif

Well, hopefully, our local one makes enough for them to consider it. Maybe I'll write to them and ask.

ette

No MAC at mine because they already have the MAC store in the mall, MAC @ Nordies, and MAC @ Bloomingdale's.

karen

Lucky
tong.gif

I've always thought it was odd that we don't have any MAC counters in my city. I live in one of the largest cities in my state, so it just seems weird to me. Well, they've been adding a lot of upscale stores here recently; so maybe they'll see fit to throw in a MAC counter or two. I hate having to drive to Norfolk and Richmond.
The CCO is nice to have close by, but it's not all that handy when I'm looking for the newer stuff. I end up ordering online 95% of the time.
I'll be going to Norfolk on Thursday for Sweetie Cake, though(although I don't know if I actually want any of it...). I have enough empties for 3 B2M l/s. I figured I might as well take a look in person.

Aprilrobin

well, I know a MAcy's that has a MAC counter even though they have a freestanding store in the same mall.
Also.. I have TWO malls on my street within 1 mile of eachother. Both malls have a Macy's and both have a MAC counter. One of the Malls has a Nordstrom and well as Macy's and Nordstrom has a MAC counter too.
I have 3 MAC counters within 1 mile of my house!

CantMAKEUPmyMIND

No MAC in my Macy's in Rockland County, NY. There is MAC in the Macy's in Yonkers, NY and in the Macy's in the Garden State Plaza in NJ I believe.

I have to go all the way to Westchester, NY to get my MAC!

a914butterfly

there is also a mac in nordstrom's in white plains mall (the westchester) in westchester county, ny. and several freestanding stores in manhattan and a pro store also in manhattan. i guess im lucky i live in NY

toby1

My Macy's didn't have a MAC counter only the Kaufmann's but they moved it to Macy's when Kaufmann's closed here

fishchick72

I haven't looked in all the MACY's around here, but all the Nordies I've been to have a MAC counter, even when there's a freestanding MAC store in the same mall. In my area Macy's recently bought out Robinson's May, so they are all in the process of converting.

baby_love

the macy's where I work doesn't have one and my boss said that it never will. There is already one at Nordstrom and our Macy's is pretty small and usually isn't THAT busy. it sucks though because I have to go over the GG bridge to get to the nearest MAC's, and I'm deathly afraid of bridges.

bellaetoile

every nordstrom i have ever seen has had a MAC counter, and i've see quite a few, in numerous states.

macy*s works a little different. as someone mentioned, sales volume and overall store popularity i would assume play into the decision. i know of a few macy*s around me that have MAC counters, though a majority don't. the del amo macy*s has TWO MAC counters, one upstairs (the main one), and one in the juniors department (a bit smaller), as well as a freestanding store in the actual mall itself. sherman oaks fashion square macy*s has a MAC counter, but its the only place in the mall MAC is available. bloomingdales in the same mall does not, yet bloomingdales at the beverly center does, even though the beverly center has a fresstanding store. basically, i guess there's not that much rhyme or reason as to which stores do or do not, nor is zoning a big deal, in some circumstances, as some malls have a freestanding store, and a counter. i haven't encountered a mall with more than one counter though, if it makes a difference. also, with the macy*s/bon marche/bloomingdales etc. merger, what will happen to repeat stores, and will MAC counters expand?

Nycutie182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
No MAC at mine because they already have the MAC store in the mall, MAC @ Nordies, and MAC @ Bloomingdale's.

ditto

LatinaRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycutie182
ditto

same here in AZ as well. all the nordies have counters. the mall where the 2 dept. stores are dillards and macys, dillards has one, macys does not. i think one macys has a counter, but the other dept store is saks and i have never seen a mac counter at any saks. has anyone ever seen a mac counter at saks or nm?

bebs

I have a few to many at my malls.. theres the one in south coast, where its nordies, macys and freestanding. however the brea mall is just as big if not bigger then south coast and the macy's there doesnt have a mac counter

Latest posts