Does this ever happen to you?

SparklyDiamonds

EVERYTIME I think of someone from my past whom I haven't heard from in years, I hear from them shortly after like 2-3 days! It's been happening to me from the past few years.
You think people some how sense they were being spoken of/ thought about ?

Silly random post, but I always get surprised when it happens! Especially since it happened 2 times the past few weeks!

NutMeg

Its fairly similar, but often I'll leave my phone in a different room from me for a while. Then all of a sudden I'll wonder if my boyfriend has texted me, and I'll go check... And sure enough he will have texted me a couple of minutes before. Case in point, as I was writing this I went to check and he had just texted. Or I'll wonder if he's off work yet because I haven't heard from him, and as I'm thinking it he calls. Or I'll pick up the phone to call him and it will ring in my hand. From him. This happens several times a day, to the point where I've stopped even noticing.

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklyDiamonds
EVERYTIME I think of someone from my past whom I haven't heard from in years, I hear from them shortly after like 2-3 days! It's been happening to me from the past few years.
You think people some how sense they were being spoken of/ thought about ?

Silly random post, but I always get surprised when it happens! Especially since it happened 2 times the past few weeks!

This totally happens to me ALL the time! I'll think to myself "hmm.. i wonder what ______ is up to?" and either I will see them somewhere, or hear from them or whatever. I dont' know if it's more the person knows they were being thought about, or coincidence, or if I'm partially psychic? lol ..But people aren't the only thing it happens with..

I swear.. a lot of times I will think about or start singing a song that hasn't been on the radio for a while, and shortly after it will be on! It freaks me out sometimes, and I'll give you an example: Does anyone remember that song "Can we talk" by Tevin Campbell? I mean, I'm talking this song came out in 1993. Out of the blue it just pops into my head and about 2 days later I turn on my radio on the way to work and it's playing!
WTF2.gif
They have this segment on the local Hip hop/R&B station called "Damn I ain't heard that in a long time!" and that's where it was featured. I mean, shit.. from all the old songs they could have played it was this one. Crazy.

lizardprincesa

I love threads like this, because these occurences have become an increasingly normal part of my Life.... and I love it!! I cannot tell you how often this happens to me....like MACLovin mentioned, I don't only have it with people, but with Music, as well...

I feel my instinct (?) has sharpened ever since falling Truly In Love with my SoulMate, & subsequently having my child...but I have always felt *it* to some extent.

Please don't laugh, (ok, laugh if you want)
smiles.gif
but I can sometimes call one of the kitties with my brain, and he/she appears within a few speedy Moments. (You know how cats are; it's not as if they will always come running the second I "call" them, whether it be with my voice or my mind...Maybe they're picking up something about me...
Then again, maybe they are sending me the VIbes.
smiles.gif

My husband and I constantly send off Vibes to each other, as well as my son and I. I think we are becoming the Vibe family.

(Maybe all families are like this, & our friends are part of our extended family... ? (some sort of hippy philosophy.
winks.gif

Of course, we do talk alot here, too, and anticipate each other's feelings and needs,
but sometimes the most uncanny coincidences happen...sans words...

I have also had similar coincidences *many* times (more so lately) with friends I haven't seen in a long time, as SparklyDiamonds mentioned...

Only about 2x have I seen someone who has already passed...literally...a story for another time...a "whole 'nother ball game?" I don't think so. I think we are all Energy moving around and our Energies touch each other, caressing, with love, those with whom we are conected...

I stopped believeing in accidents a long time ago...
I *love* these coincidences; they enrich my Life.
smiles.gif

Yes, I know I'm a weirdo. I have stopped trying to deny it or hide it.
smiles.gif

Thanks for your post, SparklyDiamonds.
smiles.gif
You made my Day.

Peace & Love, xxxxCherylFaithxxxx

"Soon it will be the phase of the moon
When people tune in.
Every girl knows about the punctual blues,
But who's to know the power behind our moves?

A day of coincidence with the radio,
And a word that won't go away.
We know what they're all going to say.
"G" arrives--"Funny, had a feeling he was on his way!...

We raise our hats to the Strange Phenomena
Soul birds of a feather flock together...

...You pick up a paper. You read a name.
You go out. It turns up again and again.
You bump into a friend you haven't seen for a long time,
Then into another you only thought about last night.
You hear your sister calling for you,
But you don't know where from.
You know there's something wrong,
But you don't want to believe in a premonition..."

Kate Bush, "Strange Phenomena"
Gaffaweb - Kate Bush - The Sensual World: The Music - The Lyrics - "Strange Phenomena"

MACATTAK

That happens to me too, but it's usually that I will see that person around town or something. Since it's happened more than a few times, I've really been careful about who I start thinking about. Not everyone in my thoughts do I wish to run into. Then there are some that I think of frequently, but never see...so I'm hoping those people are okay.

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
That happens to me too, but it's usually that I will see that person around town or something. Since it's happened more than a few times, I've really been careful about who I start thinking about.

Thanx for that reminder.
winks.gif

Maybe they are thinking of *you,* though, sometimes when you meet them, & wanting to share Friendship and Love,
despite possible differences in the past...

Simply a theory...

Quote:
Not everyone in my thoughts do I wish to run into.

Oooh....I surely understand that!

Maybe we can cloak and de-cloak at will....
winks.gif

A song comes to mind, Kate Bush once again... (after 12 yrs. without an album!)

"I found a book on how to be invisible
Take a pinch of keyhole
And fold yourself up
You cut along the dotted line
You think inside out
And you’re invisible...

...Is that the wind from the desert song?
Is that an autumn leaf falling?
Or is that you, walking home?
Is that a storm in the swimming pool?"

" How To be Invisible..." from Aerial, 2005 (after 12 yrs. without an album!)

(I think my imagination runs absolutely rampant when i'm this exhausted.)

Another trick is simply "I don't see him/her across the street. maybe I see a resemblance, but it can't possibly be him/her (the outright Denial Aproach.) see page 84 of.....what is that woman's name? (Oops! I better not think of her too much...she might appear, & I am so tired, I will not be able to carry on intelligent conversation.)

Quote:
Then there are some that I think of frequently, but never see...

oh, me too. You are one of these people, sweety.
I think geography makes

our possible running-into-each other unlikely any time soon,
but I feel...if I see you, I will know you by your sweet vibes.

Quote:
so I'm hoping those people are okay.

& in your hope, you are sending out HeartVibes.

HeartVibes to you, friend! xxxxCherylFaithxxxx

Gaffaweb - Kate Bush - WOW: The Images - Page 1
Gaffaweb - Kate Bush - The Sensual World: The Music - The Lyrics - "How To Be Invisible"

esmeralda89

that happens to me often, it also happens when i get something in the mail i can just feel it i dont know how to explain and i dream about stuff and then it happens sadly its not always for the best ive seen people die and you know it happens. one time i dreamed of my neighbor who was like my grandmother, who died and she told me it was ok, she was ok she had gone on a long trip and i helped her pack and she was so happy, i cant explain but it makes me feel warm and happy when i remember, i honestly think it was the best dream i had.