Dogs in Texas in need of help (to be killed Jan 1)

gummybug

A friend sent me this message and I don't know what to do. I can't afford to adopt from TX because that'd be too far to travel for me.
ssad.gif

I'm about to cry. I'd take the one called Babe for sure... she reminds me of my own dog. This is so sad. Please, anyone who can... help them out. Spread the word. Tell your friends, post it somewhere.

Quote:
URGENT DOGS NEED HELP, TEXAS RANCH CLOSING JAN. 1, 2007, RESCUE NEEDED BY ANYONE

This TEXAS RANCH IS CLOSING. ALL DOGS LEFT WILL BE EUTHANIZED ON JANUARY 1, 2007. PLEASE ANY INDIVIDUAL OR RESCUE THAT CAN PULL ONE OR MORE DOGS. YOU CAN SAVE A LIFE AND GIVE A LOVING SWEET DOG A CHANCE FOR A HOME.

OrganizationDominant breedAgeM/FNamePicFeaturesMisplaced Pets at Holly Lake Ranch
Holly Lake Ranch, TX Chesapeake Bay Retriever,Weimaraner Young M MOUSSE - URGENT
Holly Lake Ranch, TX Pit Bull Terrier Young F DARLIN - URGENT
Holly Lake Ranch, TX Pit Bull Terrier,Dalmatian Adult F BABE - URGENT
Holly Lake Ranch, TX Border Collie Young F CORKEY - URGENT
Holly Lake Ranch, TX Beagle Adult M BUSTER - URGENT
Holly Lake Ranch, TX Great Dane,Black Labrador Retriever Young M TONKA - URGENT
Holly Lake Ranch, TX Rhodesian Ridgeback Adult M RILEY - URGENT

Please go to the website Holly Lake Ranch at Holly Lake Ranch, TEXAS on petfinder to see all the dogs there

Click on "Adoptable pet list":
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/TX793.html

Babe
3yo4ltd.jpg

Buster
4gnhpxy.jpg

Corkey
2a0aivp.jpg

Darlin
314f3pv.jpg

Mousse
2pyssqu.jpg

Riley
40ese9u.jpg

Tonka
4drknx0.jpg

gummybug

One more thing... if anyone is wondering about the location, here's a map. It's in the Dallas area.

3z6ujqr.jpg

ilovexnerdsx

oh no
weeping.gif
this makes me so sad. i wish there was any possible way i could adopt one of these. corkey looks so cute
weeping.gif

mods, can we make this thread a sticky?

MxAxC-_ATTACK

this is VERY sad, but if you really want to help you can always go to your Local animal shelter and save a pup from the same exact fate

gummybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
this is VERY sad, but if you really want to help you can always go to your Local animal shelter and save a pup from the same exact fate

I did. Both my dog and my cat were homeless rescues. I hope these dogs I've posted will also be able to find homes. I'm just trying to help them.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybug
I did. Both my dog and my cat were homeless rescues. I hope these dogs I've posted will also be able to find homes. I'm just trying to help them.

Fantastic, I admire people who adopt animals or take in homeless ones.. I was only saying that unfortunately those poor pups realistically probably wont be saved, very sad I know..But I was just pointing out that If you dont live in Texas, and this type of thing tugs on your heartstrings then you can always go to your local shelter and Help an animal in the same situation

I know this first hand, I work at a shelter. I love animals. Thank god we are no kill. I wouldn't be able to work at the Pound.. I'd have like 30234294 dogs. .

There is a Huge Overcrowding of Shelters, and there is a HUGE pet Overpopulation.. This is caused by not spaying and Neutering your pets! man o man I cant stress this enough,.I could write on on and about this topic,Its something I feel very strongly about

Hawkeye

Hmmmm anyone live in TX that can grab me one or two? They will have good homes- and my 2 neighbor kids next door love dogs and cats

gummybug

Just an update. It seems that the doggies made it.
smiles.gif

One of the dogs (Tonka) isn't listed on petfinder anymore so I assume he found a home. The others have found foster homes at least, but they still need real homes. The listings for the others has been updated with this message:

as of today,we have TEMPORARY FOSTER homes for our last 6 dogs. We will hear the first week of January if they are willing to foster until adoptions and will update then. We will not let these dogs be killed.

Beauty Mark

That's good to know they found foster homes. People and pets- it's really appalling. When I was getting my cat, people give up their pets for the dumbest reason. Their kids are bored of it was one of the worst reasons I've ever heard. Way to teach your kid how be responsible for another being. I also hate when people say they're moving to a place that doesn't allow for animals, particularly when people own cats. Even in rental situations, you can find reasonably priced property in good neighborhoods that allow for your pet.

Probably the most heartless thing I've heard of happening is college kids adopting animals and then when it comes time to leave the area, they just abandon them, expecting that the animal is magically going to take care of itself and be okay.

Another thing I hate is when people post online on Craig's List wanting a cat or kittens, not caring what they look like, and willing to pay exactly what the shelters charge. It's like- hello, go visit your local shelters.

For people who are in transit a lot, like college kids, shelters often need foster homes for the sicker animals, for space reasons, or socialize them. Consider that.

I hate sounding morbid, but if you have pets, you should think of who's going to take care of them when you die. I was reading online how some shelters got hit really bad by people not accounting for their pets's welfare when they're dead.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
That's good to know they found foster homes. People and pets- it's really appalling. When I was getting my cat, people give up their pets for the dumbest reason. Their kids are bored of it was one of the worst reasons I've ever heard. Way to teach your kid how be responsible for another being. I also hate when people say they're moving to a place that doesn't allow for animals, particularly when people own cats. Even in rental situations, you can find reasonably priced property in good neighborhoods that allow for your pet.

Probably the most heartless thing I've heard of happening is college kids adopting animals and then when it comes time to leave the area, they just abandon them, expecting that the animal is magically going to take care of itself and be okay.

Another thing I hate is when people post online on Craig's List wanting a cat or kittens, not caring what they look like, and willing to pay exactly what the shelters charge. It's like- hello, go visit your local shelters.

For people who are in transit a lot, like college kids, shelters often need foster homes for the sicker animals, for space reasons, or socialize them. Consider that.

I hate sounding morbid, but if you have pets, you should think of who's going to take care of them when you die. I was reading online how some shelters got hit really bad by people not accounting for their pets's welfare when they're dead.

i hate that excuse, I get people calling me telling me they need to give up their pet because they are moving.. and i say " Oh well I have a very large list of websites that will give you places that rent to people with pets, they are all over!" /

the response I get " no thank you" ok well there goes your bullshit excuse ! now what are you going to tell me?

we took in 100 dogs from Hurricane Katrina , flew them all the way out to So.Cal, treated them , cured them of there heartworm ( THEY ALL HAD IT!) and every single last one was adopted out, except for 3 , there original owners fro Louisiana came all the way out to Cali to pick up there beloved family pet, One of which was a fireman, who left his dogs in his home , to go get some dog food,when he returned his dogs were GONE! someone thought they had been abandoned and took them. but they all got back to him. makes me happy. the other ones actually went to be trained as seeing eye dogs! so exciting.

we also used to get baskets of puppys,.. usually all male.. (interesting right?hmmm) and we did not adopt to people who wanted to give their pets as christmas presents.. because ya everyone wants a puppy for chirstmas, but chances are they are going to be returned when that puppy starts to destroy the house.. so, we would end up with like.. a bunch of one year old dogs that were horribly trained because no one taught them right from wrong in the puppy stage.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark

this is the one reason why i have refused to let my boyfriend buy a cat that we both so desperately want
ssad.gif

we rent, and here in australia it is a pain in the backside to find places that will allow pets. it's up to the landlord... and most of them just say a straight out NO. a lot of people here lie about having pets and keep them anyway, but i couldn't do that. what if they found out and asked me to remove the pet or be evicted? i couldn't give up my pet, and you'd have to explain the situation when looking for a new place... thus disclosing that you have a pet :/

when we buy, once settled in we are going straight to the shelter and adopting a kitty (or 2).

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
i hate that excuse, I get people calling me telling me they need to give up their pet because they are moving.. and i say " Oh well I have a very large list of websites that will give you places that rent to people with pets, they are all over!" /

the response I get " no thank you" ok well there goes your bullshit excuse ! now what are you going to tell me?

we took in 100 dogs from Hurricane Katrina , flew them all the way out to So.Cal, treated them , cured them of there heartworm ( THEY ALL HAD IT!) and every single last one was adopted out, except for 3 , there original owners fro Louisiana came all the way out to Cali to pick up there beloved family pet, One of which was a fireman, who left his dogs in his home , to go get some dog food,when he returned his dogs were GONE! someone thought they had been abandoned and took them. but they all got back to him. makes me happy. the other ones actually went to be trained as seeing eye dogs! so exciting.

we also used to get baskets of puppys,.. usually all male.. (interesting right?hmmm) and we did not adopt to people who wanted to give their pets as christmas presents.. because ya everyone wants a puppy for chirstmas, but chances are they are going to be returned when that puppy starts to destroy the house.. so, we would end up with like.. a bunch of one year old dogs that were horribly trained because no one taught them right from wrong in the puppy stage.

I really love that the original owners came back for the dogs. That made me tear a little.

I wish people were made to take classes before they could adopt a pet, particularly with puppies and kittens. No one seems to understand that they can be destructive little devils and need to be trained.