Dollymix Probs

Mizz.Coppertone

Do u have any tips on how to make this look a lil more natural? Whenever I wear it I feel like I look like I have a skin problem or something. It looks reddish on me for some reason.

Help! I really wanna love this blush.
shockt.gif

ginger9

1. Face needs to be smooth and preped to take in the pigment evenly. Which means exfoliate your skin, moisturize well, face primer may help with smoothness and adhersion, a good foundation is necessary.

2. big dense fluffy blush brush.

3. tap off excess blush powder off of brush before application.

4. if it looks too red, then remember less is more. You can build up the color slowly.

xxManBeaterxx

I really wanted to love this blush too, but dollymix and my skintone do not like each other. The only sugesstion i have is.. to maybe.. use dollymix blush with a skunk brush and buff it out? Or add some bronzer over or under the color and see how it works out. I would just play around with all the products you have and mix them up have fun with it and see what you can create.

Nadeshda

Try applying a little bit of pressed powder (the same color as your foundation) to try and soften it up a bit.

xxsgtigressxx

I use a stippling brush with this * a MAC 187*and i lightly tap it a few times into dolly mix, blow off the excess and softly swirl/buff it onto my cheeks. Sometimes I mix it as well, say I will tap my 187 once into pink swoon and once into dollymix to intensify pink swoon but soften dollymix...if that makes sense?

Mizz.Coppertone

Thanks. I like the ideas posted, their makeup common sense but I guess I got lazy with it lol I wish I could just wear Dollymix straight from the pan but I can't.

I'm def gonna play around with it now, the pressed powder idea is a good one. I was thinking Pink Swoon would work well with it too because their both MACs best light and bright pure pinks and would blend 2gether 4 the perfect pink. I don't own it though.
ssad.gif

Mizz.Coppertone

Does anyone have any other MAC blushers they layer with Dollymix and it looks pretty? Maybe I should try a peach blush with it or something? I just can't stand the bright pink after a few hours whenever I wear it. I like it but then I don't.
ssad.gif
I really hate to give my makeup no use.

kariii

I just sort of tap it on my cheekbones with the 187 really lightly and it gives a pretty flush to the face. I'm NC30 for reference.

choozen1ne

If a blush is too pink for me I wear bronzer under it and that tones down the color I lot , I aslo take a clean blush brush and blend it

BeccalovesMAC

Yup. I have the same prob with Doly Mix and Tippy. Looks like I came back from the gym after some intense cardio. I usually use a little bit of it and then use Gold Deposit MSF from the BBR collection over it. Dayum Dolly Mix is such a cute color but its a pain in the ass to work with cuz of my skin tone. I'm a NC42. Are you close to my color?

PinkPearl

Usually when I apply bright blushes like dollymix and tippy (although dollymix doesnt show up that bright on me - I'm NC35ish for reference), I hold my 119 brush really far from the bristles. I mean, I hold the end of the stick almost, you know? That way, it wont make the color so in-your-face. Buffing it out with you powder (in my case, my MSF natural) after you apply the blush also helps to tone it down a bit. Hope that helps, I love dollymix!!
greengrin.gif

kittykit

Dollymix is my favourite pink blush. I recently bought it and have fallen in love with this beautiful colour
smiles.gif
I use #187 and tap it gently on my cheeks, I usually do 2 layers and it gives the result I want.

Mizz.Coppertone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccalovesMAC
Yup. I have the same prob with Doly Mix and Tippy. Looks like I came back from the gym after some intense cardio. I usually use a little bit of it and then use Gold Deposit MSF from the BBR collection over it. Dayum Dolly Mix is such a cute color but its a pain in the ass to work with cuz of my skin tone. I'm a NC42. Are you close to my color?

I'm tan with golden undertones. I've seen pale girls wear Dollymix so pretty. There's a girl who always used it in her FOTD's and she looked so good in it. I think I need to start tapping the excess off my brush more cuz I never do that. Most blushes need a few layers to show up on my skin so I never bother shaking any off the brush.

animacani

I had the same problem as you , before! (it lookes reddish on me) BUT then I tried to apply cream colour base from mac in the colour pearl (creamy white gold , when you apply it it blends really well into the skin) And the blush just popped out and I got a really nice shade of pink , like it is in the pan but softer off course
greengrin.gif

Mizz.Coppertone

^^Thanks for the tip!
smiles.gif
I think I'll try doing that with my Nylon e/s since its the only pale white gold I own for makeup really, I'll try layering it underneath Dollymix, maybe that will help the color look more true too.

Dani California

I'm really pale and I too either get too much dollymix and look clowny
lol.gif
or can't get it to show up enough. Ok a few tips for you:

1. Try bronzer on the cheeks first, then just tap some dollymix on the apples of your cheeks, this really shows up the colour lovely yet its not too much, for some reason bronzer and dollymix work nicely together

2. Also try putting dollymix on then apply an illuminating product like Bobbi brown rose shimmerbrick or anything similar, this creates a nice effect......even a golden toned illuminator is nice, the BB rose is my fave for dollymix tho. A tip I read somewhere if you wanna tone down dollymix is to apply the iluminator FIRST then apply the blush ON TOP.

Hope that helps you
greengrin.gif
Let us know how you get on!

animacani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizz.Coppertone
^^Thanks for the tip!
smiles.gif
I think I'll try doing that with my Nylon e/s since its the only pale white gold I own for makeup really, I'll try layering it underneath Dollymix, maybe that will help the color look more true too.

I dont think its gonna work as well since its not a cream but defenitly try it out!
greengrin.gif

cocomia

I've had the same problem before but with a different color (Fleur Power). Here's what I did wrong: I'd apply 2 layers on just one cheek (let's say the right cheek) because then, it would look perfect, then do the other cheek (the left one). When I'm done with 2 layers on the left, it would look clownish on me. I suppose it's because 2 layers on both cheeks are too much?

I've also found the 187 brush to be useful and when I hold it at the tip the color is less concentrated. Then I buff lightly over the blush with a translucent powder.
smiles.gif

FiestyFemme

Dollymix does have some reddish tones to it, so that could be your problem. I don't have problems with Dollymix, but I could never wear Ambering Rose until I got my 187. Definitely try a stippling brush!