don't read unless you wanna hear teen drama.

Dark_Phoenix

O_O Um... so your friend lied to you and you feel like your current ones pretty much suck because they're bitchy losers?

I think life is easier without so many friends, but it doesn't make it any less lonely.

Maybe you need to not take everything so serious/dramatically in order to stay with them?

Anyways, I don't think finding friends "like you" should be such a priority. Just need someone decent to hang with, you know?

MiCHiE

Don't hook your next friend up with any of the guys you know. Cuts down on confusion and if the ties get cut, they're cut.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma_Frost
O_O Um... so your friend lied to you and you feel like your current ones pretty much suck because they're bitchy losers?

I think life is easier without so many friends, but it doesn't make it any less lonely.

Maybe you need to not take everything so serious/dramatically in order to stay with them?

Anyways, I don't think finding friends "like you" should be such a priority. Just need someone decent to hang with, you know?

This is patently horrible advice.
It is NOT unreasonable to expect that people one considers "friends" be people of like minds and interests. It's also not unreasonable to consider friends people who can be trusted, in good times and bad.
AND - lifestyle issues such as drugs, sex, etc., are not issues to blow off, as more often than not our bad habits are dictated by the company we keep. These are issues that SHOULD BE responded to seriously, if they're issues that are not wanted within one's life.

To the OP:
You'll go through life with very few people you can truly call "friend", and given your age, you're going to go through many more before you find a few people you can truly trust.

Something about secrets: never tell them to anyone, and no one can spread them.

It sucks you go through this but you're right in that it's teen drama. In 15 years (no bullshit) you'll look back and wish your life was as uncomplicated as it is right now.

Beauty Mark

A good friend is hard to find. I don't know what that girl's issues are, but it sucks that she's a liar and trying to destroy your rep. With the comment about your boyfriend, she sounds kind of mean and petty; what your boyfriend did or didn't do at work is between him and his boss, no one else.

I don't know what to say about finding good friends or how to do it. Sometimes, you just find yourself with toxic friends. People change, you realize there are shady traits, etc. At least you know how to get yourself out of those situations before they bring you down too much and you have two good friends. Two good friends are hard to find in life, regardless of gender.

kimmy

let me tell you something i learned about teenage drama: it does not matter in the grand scheme of things.

when i was in high school, there was alot of drama between me and a couple of my friends. after high school, it just kind of stopped. we all grew up and got over it, and those who didn't get over it, we simply dumped them as friends. we're all only a year out of high school and in retrospect, none of that stuff matters at all anymore.

however, if she's causing you all these problems, i say just dump her. you might lose her brother as a friend...but honestly, being her brother, i'm sure he knows she lies. and if he doesn't, let him find out on his own. there isn't much you can do in a situation like this except ride it out and just don't bring yourself down to her level. keep your integrity in tact and everything will work out how it should.
winks.gif