Dorm Design

MadameXK

I didn't see any other thread like this in search, but if there was already a thread about this, I apologize!

I'm currently looking for some really cute dorm stuff, like a comforter, pillows, mirrors, etc. Does anyone have any ideas or known retailers who carry chic dorm stuff?

Thanks
smiles.gif

gigglegirl

i remember on trips to the states that I loved the stuff target had. like stripe type stuff.

though i've been eyeing (though I'm out of university) the huge sets that are advertised in linens and things--get this they include your standard pillow case/comforter/sheet sets as well as a couple towels, i *think* there was a garbage can in there too...can't find it exactly but check this out: Linens 'n Things

cre8_yourself

ahhh the good ol dorm life.. lol.. what an experience I bought stuff from bed bath and beyond.. and good ol target.. but I'm sure you can find stuff else where.. pier 1 imports and ikea have some really chic stuff if your not on a budget...

but I'm telling you.. in my freshman year.. on my own floor.. I musta saw about 3-5 rooms that had similar color schemes.. so if you want to pimp out your room..Id def lean towards target and the other two places..

I had a sick black, pink, n green theme going on in my room. focusing more on the black..with the other two colors as accents..
so I guess it really doesnt matter where u get ya stuff just as long as you make it unique.. good luck
-btw I feel so old. cuz Im a senior @ Rutgers this year and am tearing up @ my early dorm days lmao.. I now live at home
smiles.gif

xsnowwhite

I would reccomend pier one and urban outfitters for a more "boho" style. Linens n' things had a ton of cute bright colored stuff as well as bed bath and beyond. Target always has some cute stuff but I would def. say UO & pier one if you want more of a unique room.

pat

Target has great and modern stuff... I'm amazed how much Target has transformed over the years..

Linen N Things has cheap twin comforter sets. Ikea is also great and so is the Container Store.
winks.gif

MadameXK

Wow! Thank you all for the great responses!

I know there is a Target in Poughkeepsie so it seems like I'll definitely need to check that out! I'll probably get some accessories from UO and also Ralph Lauren (I really liked their home stuff).

Thanks so much guys!
greengrin.gif