Dove Energy Glow Daily Moisturizer with Subtle Self-Tanners

user3

Can I just save you all some money and let you know this stuff stinks!
Not only does it stink but even the one for light skin does not have subtle ST's. It was not orange but more of a dirty brown/orange color and got much darker after 24 hrs.
I usually love Dove products and in the store it smelled ok.
ST's rarely smell good on me and only two I've ever tried look natural and actually either don't smell or smell ok.

Save your money on this one because even after a nice scrub in the shower I was still stinkin'
lol.gif
and it left darker colors on elbows which I have not had happen with any of the subtle ST lotions I have tried.

incase you are wondering the two that have only worked for me: Aloette self tanner, and a spray by Mystic Tan called Perfection.
Yup and I've tried L'oreal, Jergens, Olay, neutrogena...and the list goes on. LOL

PS
Sorry to those that might likes this...I mean no disrespect.
smiles.gif

pale blue

I just recently got this too and the scent truly does make me gag! I think it smells worse than self tanners to me. I only used it once because I'm not sure I can take the smell, if I use it in the morning I have to deal with it all day at work. If I use it at night, the smell will keep me up and I don't want to hear my fiance complaining either.

I guess I either need to just use a regular self tanner or try the L'Oreal one, or give up on all of it! lol

Arella

I have the Neutrogena one and haven't tried it yet - is it that bad? The only one I've found to be any good is the St. Tropez one, but I really wanted something light that I could build up. It seems that all of those have turned out icky (the Johnson's one in particular made me all splotchy and weird).

litlaur

I hated it too, but I didn't think it smelled as bad as Jergens Natural Glow. It got too dark too fast and was a bit streaky.

On that note, Jergens Natural Glow Face is awesome
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
Can I just save you all some money and let you know this stuff stinks!.....

.....incase you are wondering the two that have only worked for me: Aloette self tanner, and a spray by Mystic Tan called Perfection.
Yup and I've tried L'oreal, Jergens, Olay, neutrogena...and the list goes on. LOL.....

Thanks for the tip Nessa. I have a very low tolerance for stinky self-tanners. Would you mind telling me where you got the Mystic Tan Perfection Spray and the Aloette?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VazCris25
I love Loreal Sublime glow daily moisturizer. Does not stink and gives you a nice bronzy color over time.

Have to give that one a try. Thanks!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlaur
I hated it too, but I didn't think it smelled as bad as Jergens Natural Glow. It got too dark too fast and was a bit streaky....

Dammit! I just bought the Jergens! Oh well, there's $5 bucks I will never see again.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Thanks for the tip Nessa. I have a very low tolerance for stinky self-tanners. Would you mind telling me where you got the Mystic Tan Perfection Spray and the Aloette?

I buy the Mystic Tan Perfection at the tanning salon I go to, so try checking at salon's that have the Mystic. You can also buy it from them online straight from Mystic http://www.shopmystictan.com/post-sunless.aspx

I get the aloette one from Aloette.com
HSN.com carries Aloette but I am not sure if they carry the ST.

Personally, just go for the Mystic perfection it has less of an odor and looks natural. It's even easy to use on your hands.

litlaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Dammit! I just bought the Jergens! Oh well, there's $5 bucks I will never see again.

Well, some people don't mind the smell as much. I didn't particularly like it, but I didn't think it was horrible. My boyfriend hated it. The dark/streaky part was referring to Dove.

Latest posts