Drag/Kim Kardashian highlights!!!!!! White foundation??????

Piarpreet

Ok guys so... I need some awesome friggin highlight that ACTUALLY works on me. I'm so pale that NOTHING shows up on me! I like doing my triangle and it doesnt show up... :(

I was considering to start doing it drag mode (you know, using white or something).
Any recommendation from MAC pro products? I thought of the emollient based full coverage foundation, or the mac face and body... what you guys think?

Could I just do it with powder? instead of just set put the white cake powder or studio fix kinda powder on top?

BTW if you guys dont know what a triangle is... spot the "cancasian" inner cheekbones of rupaul. http://bitchitudeblog.com/learned-rupaul/
also Kim K does this for sure.... http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/1885111/kim-kardashian-back-black-02/

Honey&LemonGirl

I'm pretty sure Kim K uses tons and tons of concealer. There's a pic of her getting her m/u done by her regular artist Mario D:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TMbQ8DmWx.../mario-Dedivanovic-kim-kardashian-complex.jpg

I think that technique works better if you're have tan skin though. Once you're super pale, there isn't much lighter you can get to make a highlight, unless you want a shine/shimmer highlight instead of a pale-color highlight. If you really want to go white, maybe something like Select Cover-Up? I dunno if they make that in a shade that's pale enough though!

Edelmc

I am nw10-15 and use f&b White mixed in with my foundation. I then put Luna ccb on my cheekbones and layer lightscapade over and down onto my cheeks. It gives an amazing angelic glow. I don't do pale highlights around my eyes cause i can't get it to look natural so I just use a combo of concealer and prep and prime highlighter in radiant rose

alyxo

Like Kim, I love concealer, it works wonders for me! I do the triangle thing as well but I like it to be subtle. However, I feel like it does look better on darker people, I'm a NC30, so I think you would have to use something very, very light.

Piarpreet

There arent in the marked light enough concealers for me. I'm NC10 BUT even NC10 is darker than my neck.

Do you know of any REALLY light concealers??? as in off white???

Edelmc

I use Luna and am addicted to it but I don't think I would put it under my eyes. I have f&b in White and it mixes well with alot of products. I use prolong wear, select moisture cover and select concealer in nw15. If you want I can mix a bit of the f&b in with one of these concealers and see what the consistency is like?

Edelmc

Out of curiosity this morning I decided to mix mac moisture cover concealer with mac f&b in White and it worked a treat! I applied it in the typical triangle shape like the photos of Kim k and then contoured with ccb in tint. I then buffed on f&b (in n1 mixed with White to match my skin) over my entire face... I am very happy with the result

Piarpreet

you dont have a pic, would you :p ?

Out of curiosity this morning I decided to mix mac moisture cover concealer with mac f&b in White and it worked a treat! I applied it in the typical triangle shape like the photos of Kim k and then contoured with ccb in tint. I then buffed on f&b (in n1 mixed with White to match my skin) over my entire face... I am very happy with the result

Mac-Guy

Why don't you use the paint stick in pure white? It ain't getting any whiter. Set with set powder in porcelain, which should suit a NC 5 - 10 complexion. And then use at least two (or better three) different sculpting shades to add dimension to your contour.

Edelmc

you dont have a pic, would you :p ?

I don't think it would show up in photos. Kim k's version can be as extreme as she wants cause she can use a concealer much lighter than her natural colouring so it shows up in photos but since I am very pale to start with I can only go a little lighter before I hit stark White! Using the f&b in White means you can vary the paleness to suit you if you know what I mean. IMO I would be worried a paint stick would look unnatural.....

Piarpreet

paint stick hates my huge pores.... I think imma try the illamasqua 115 concealer and if not then ill get the f&b white to mix.

I wish they had a blush pan of a white highlight in matte., like gesso

Mac-Guy

paint stick hates my huge pores.... I think imma try the illamasqua 115 concealer and if not then ill get the f&b white to mix.

I wish they had a blush pan of a white highlight in matte., like gesso

Due to the dewy finish of F&B, I would not use it for your specific purpose, especially not if you want to get pics taken (for graduation I assume).

At least, the p/s dries down to a matte finish and if you use the white set powder on top of it, it will help to conceal pore.

I do love F&B, but not really for anything picture-related (or on stage).

Edelmc

Due to the dewy finish of F&B, I would not use it for your specific purpose, especially not if you want to get pics taken (for graduation I assume).

At least, the p/s dries down to a matte finish and if you use the white set powder on top of it, it will help to conceal pore.

I do love F&B, but not really for anything picture-related (or on stage).
I have to disagree re f&b in photos. I have been wearing it for 8+ years including on my wedding day and it has never looked overly dewy or oily in photos...just fresh. I use powder to set it and it looks fine in photos. On the other hand, if you prefer matte finishes then I wouldn't recommend f&b as a foundation.

Piarpreet - I was in mac last night and checked out full coverage in white for you. Unfortunately I have very large pores and it just seemed to emphasis them but you might have better luck with it......

Piarpreet

0h thanx! thats so sweet you thought of me! this is why i love specktrettes!

did u happen to see the cake powder thats white?
I have to disagree re f&b in photos. I have been wearing it for 8+ years including on my wedding day and it has never looked overly dewy or oily in photos...just fresh. I use powder to set it and it looks fine in photos. On the other hand, if you prefer matte finishes then I wouldn't recommend f&b as a foundation.
Piarpreet - I was in mac last night and checked out full coverage in white for you. Unfortunately I have very large pores and it just seemed to emphasis them but you might have better luck with it......

Edelmc

No problem......No I didn't see the cake powder - am I right in saying that the cake powder is pro? My mac is just a regular mac in a department store but it happens to carry some extra things like full coverage foundation and some shades of f&b although I stock up on the f&b in white when on holiday and I am in a pro store....let me know how you get on

Mac-Guy

Just for clarification:

As I get to know Piarpreet, I learned that she prefers the super matte look, so F&B is not really an option for her.

Personally, for myself, I love F&B.

Mac-Guy

Do you mean the Chromacake? I don't think it would work for your specific purpose, though it's great if you want to create an all-over white look for theatrical work.

Piarpreet

No, its this thing called shivering white and it says powder cake or something. Check it out on pro. I have no clue what that is...

Couldnt I just get a friggin giant size gesso eyeshadow? lol that's be my setting powder for highlighting

Do you mean the Chromacake? I don't think it would work for your specific purpose, though it's great if you want to create an all-over white look for theatrical work.

Mac-Guy

Ah, you mean the Studio Fix Pastels. Remember, we talked about them before... I thought you had tried them?