Dramatic Change in My Skin... HELP!!

my_adored

Okay.... so I have had combination oily skin my whole life. I figured it was due to being young and the like. I had breakouts once in a while and the typical teenage stuff. But the past six months, my skin has been flawless. I have no idea why except maybe less stress. I just figured that my skin really liked the products that I have been using.

But I had something happen two weeks ago. I tried Clinque's Super Defense Moisturizer. It started with a tiny breakout, and then a few days later my entire neck and face was covered in a horrible rash that was spreading and I had to go to the dermatologist to get some hydrocortizon. It was horrible and took a week to heal. Needless to say that I didn't go anywhere over my Thanksgiving break.

This past Monday, I tried a new foundation, Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. It completely dried up my top layer of skin and the redness returned for a day. I told everyone I was sunburned. That was humiliating.

So I elected not to put barely anything on my skin this week, allowing it to heal.

But I have noticed all week that my skin has changed. Its not oily anymore. Its just dry and parts feel like sandpaper to the touch. It feels tight and I have been using a different moisturizer that has worked for me for years. It helps a bit but not by much. I remember getting a couple of dry spots in the past, but nothing to this extent.

Could it be the seasons changing, or is my skin type changing? I'm only 23! Am I just out of that teen phase or does skin change like that? It has never changed with seasons before now...

I am so confused!! HELP!!