dream to change careers

espalier

Hi, everyone! New to specktra after lurking for about a year at MUA...

I am currently a marketing/sales representative for a radiology company while daydreaming nonstop about being in the makeup industry.

Unfortunately, I live in an area without a MAC counter, but the area is growing.

I would love to be a makeup artist, but do I start at a regular retail counter with the hopes of moving up in another line besides the wonderful MAC?

I wouldn't mind selling the high-end product either (since I have sales experience), but I don't know where to begin...

You all have such great tips and ideas...please help me!

FacesbyNiki

I started out at Clinique. I wasn't thinking of a career in make up until i really got into it. But do go to a line that does deal alot with make up. Lancome, Smashbox are good ones.

chickadee

I used to be a Human Resources Manager and I made the switch with a lot of support from my husband and family. Now I have an Esthetician license and I'm a Counter Manager at Lauder. These things can be done if you are really dedicated, work hard, and stay focused. If I were you I would take whatever cosmetics position you can, right now. The more experience you have the better, and one day the MAC position you want will be yours.

Good Luck!!

adorablekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by espalier
Hi, everyone! New to specktra after lurking for about a year at MUA...

I am currently a marketing/sales representative for a radiology company while daydreaming nonstop about being in the makeup industry.

Unfortunately, I live in an area without a MAC counter, but the area is growing.

I would love to be a makeup artist, but do I start at a regular retail counter with the hopes of moving up in another line besides the wonderful MAC?

I wouldn't mind selling the high-end product either (since I have sales experience), but I don't know where to begin...

You all have such great tips and ideas...please help me!

I was working in the medical field for a little bit and realized it wasn't for me I've always enjoyed make up and obsessed with MAC make up. So one day I just started giving everyone I know make over then some local photographers asked me to do some work for them.

I just recently got a job at MAC and I absolutely love it. I know this is something I love to do and look forward to going to that job every weekend
eyelove.gif