dreams & death

orodwen

sun-mon night i had a nightmare of my mum dying....right in front of me & not peacefully. i won't go into details but i wondered if her heart or some other major organ had ruptured by how things happened. i can feel in my dreams so when she hit the floor i felt the hard, thudding vibration upon the wood floor & when i touched her she was already cold. i stared at her for a few seconds then i guess my brain/emotions couldn't take any more because i forced myself awake.

this if the first time i've spoken about any of the details because talking about it bothered me too much. i thought that perhaps by typing it i might feel better about the dream. maybe cathartic.

thanks for reading.

user3

I know just what you mean!
I had a dream about my husband dying. The dream was about 3 months ago but I still can't shake it. Right around the same time I had dreams about both my grandpa's and my father-n-law passing away.
It's a horrible feeling.
I've never had dreams like that before so I got a bit freaked out.
All I can really say it take what you can from the dream. Instead of the bad think about the time you have now. Cherish and love!

YOOTOPiA

not to worry, occurances in dreams are usually symbolic of something else. death in dreams generally never really have anything to do with death or mortality. of course, each culture has it's own explanation and interpretation. give it a try looking it up online =)
here's one i found:

Death
Dreaming about death is very common and it can be interpreted in many different ways. Death is usually a symbol of some type of closure or end. It implies an end to one thing and a beginning of another. Death dreams usually have positive symbolism. If you are the dead person in your dream, it could imply that you would like to leave all of your worries and struggles behind and begin anew. Dreaming about someone that you care about may express your fear about losing them. Dreaming that one of your parents died may express fear of loss, but it also may be an unconscious valve through which you release anger and other negative feelings. In some cultures dreaming about death and dying is a very good omen that represents longevity and prosperity

hope you feel better though... regardless they still suck

Isis

I've had one of those nightmares too, it was way back when I was about 5
ssad.gif
Unfortunatelly, it actually came about. Not then, but much later:
In my dream I saw my dad's hair getting greyer & that he was aging very very fast in front of me. But he didn't actually die in my dream. Since then I always had the feeling that I was going to loose him before his time. Well, several years ago he was diagnosed with cancer, and he did actually look like he was aging extremelly fast. He did pass away a couple of years ago.

My mother's had odd dreams too. One was more like a warning though. This was just before one of my Aunt's buisness trips:
In her dream my Aunt appeared to her supposedlly dead and told her that there was something wrong with her (my Aunt's car) and that's why she died. My mother instantlly woke up and called my Uncle and told him that there was something wrong with my Aunts car and she was not to leave until the car had been thoroughly checked over. My Uncle was a bit freaked out but my mother was so insistant that he agreed. Well, when he took the car to the dealer actually they found a very bad carbonmonoxide leak.

These dreams still freak me out when I think of them
ssad.gif

Classic Beauty

About 3 weeks ago, I had a dream I was in front of the heaven gates and st. peter (i think?) said I died in my sleep. I tried to force myself to wake up, but I couldn't! I thought I really did die in my sleep. It was SO realistic.

I have dreams about my dad dying all the time.
ssad.gif

Peaches

Lately I've been having alot of weird dreams about other people accidently dying... They're very very vivid.

In one, I was walking through the city with my father and we both look up and there's a man on the ledge of the roof of a building with police trying to coax him down, then he turns to talk to the policeman and slips and falls off the building and yeah. I can hear him screaming, him hitting the pavement, the shrieks of people around. Then I felt sick to my stomach, very queasy, but it felt real, like I was awake but asleep.

And another one, Im walking down the street with my current boyfriend and he's in a tux, then I see my ex on the street corner in his work uniform with a tall, not so attractive looking girl. She's bigger than him, which is weird cos he's 6'4. And she's very built, Ive never seen her before. Then I suggest we go say hello to him and my ex starts to walk across the road and then some little projectile ricochets (sp) off a pole and goes through his heart. Again, I feel everything, like my senses have been heightened. It feels realer than real if that makes sense.

I thought that dream might be that I want closure from that relationship because I was forced to end it before I was ready... not sure what the first one is though. Disturbing.

joytheobscure

I've had repeated horrible nightmares about my sons drowning, its usually my youngest son, or I can't find my middle son - and we are around a lake with mountains, or on a bridge or I find him floating in a pond. Those are the worst dreams. What is even scarier is having my four year old coming in and repeating the dream to me. We had the same dream (from what he said ) the same night. This just totally freaks me out. I believe in past lives though so I think we have some issues there. The dreams are always drowning though or I can't find my children anywhere.

greengoesmoo

Dreams are normally sy,bolic. Death may just mean a BIG change in your relationship with your mother. It may represent a fear of her dying.

Relax and roll with it. Consider taking down a dream diary. You may notice trends.

Dreams very rarely mean what they say.