dress code - quick pleasE!

HapaDynazty

need quick answers about dress please!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im going to have an interview at macys for possible work at a makeup counter..

i dont know what i should get to wear (i know black?)
but i dont have many black clothes so i need to go to the store..

what are some of the basic things i should get and what do you guys wear on your feet - heels or flats?

shabdebaz

Invest in a good pair of black pants and some other basics that you are comfortable wearing (eg. black t-shirt, blouse, sweater, skirt...). Try not to get anything that is 100% cotton, because it will fade really quickly. Remember that MAC is very fashion forward, so your clothes should also be trendy.

For shoes, I would say comfort should play a big factor since you are on your feet all the time...but, again, we are expected to look trendy. I wear both heels and flats depending on what I am wearing.

ashley_v85

All black, from head to toe. No pinstripe whatsoever. The only color you can wear is jewelry...and makeup of course, haha. Even if you wear a headband, it has to be black.

At my MAC counter at least, it's no cleavage, your armpit can't show even if you lift your arm, no showing bra straps, skirts can't be really short...if you wear something above the knee, you have to wear tights with it.

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley_v85
All black, from head to toe. No pinstripe whatsoever. The only color you can wear is jewelry...and makeup of course, haha. Even if you wear a headband, it has to be black.

At my MAC counter at least, it's no cleavage, your armpit can't show even if you lift your arm, no showing bra straps, skirts can't be really short...if you wear something above the knee, you have to wear tights with it.

Wow, your dress code is really strict! Are you at a Nordies?

lightsinsorrow

Quote:

We were told by the MROs, SRMs, and trainers in our region (which is divided into three parts: Orange County I, II, and III) that jewelry can no longer be colored. It must either be black or metal (silver, gold, brass, etc). The only time we are allowed to step outside of that is on theme days. And we can wear pinstripes (or any other pattern for that matter) as long as it is black-on-black (like raised black pinstripes on all black pants). I have personally only worn solid black to work though.

I'm at a Macy's and we can pretty much get away with anything as it is less strict at our store than at Nordstrom. However, for an interview, I would avoid showing too much skin. Wear pants and a nice top. As for shoes, we always joke that you can tell who the new freelancers are by the shoes that they wear. Most of us wear flats at the counter. There are certain heels and wedges that are comfortable to a certain extent but anything with height will hurt after 8 hours on a marble floor. A lot of us only wear heels or boots when we work shorter shifts (we call them our "6 hour shoes") or we change into flats halfway through the shift if it's a longer one.

FacesbyNiki

I thought she said she was interviewing at Macy's for a make up counter. LOL

But anyway for any interview you want to wear dark colors. Black is alway good.

Like the other MAC girls said, wear stuff that is stylish but not showing too much skin. I wear ballet flats because they're cute and comfy.

adorablekay

Quote:

Wow that is a strict dress code!! Ekk

L281173

I either a black, navy blue, or gray pantsuit. That is more trendy. Accessorize your outfit with a bright colored accessory such as a scarf. Makeup could be slightly vibrant, since you are interviewing for a cosmetic counter. Jewelry can also be subdued.

sarahbeth564

Quote:

That's cause you're in Mormon town!
smiles.gif

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbeth564
That's cause you're in Mormon town!
smiles.gif

haha...

Yeh i bet the dress-codes change dramatically from city to city.

littlemakeupboy

Our dresscode is all black
pinstripe is ok as long as it is small and not big white stripes
tank tops just became ok

Like everyone is saying trendy fashion forward clothing
I shop alot at h&m because they always have tons of nice stylish black clothing

i still,however, wish that we could wear ANY dark colors
dark browns,greys,navys it would make it so much easier to be able to find trendier clothing that i like