Dress Code

kiwicleopatra

I was wondering what the dress code is? I know it's basic funky/edgy black...but are there certain things you can't wear? does it have to be all black? What stores do you find have good work clothing? etc etc
smiles.gif

Thanks

Liz

forever 21, charlotte russe, or h&m for more trendy "now" items. express or the black & white store for more professioanl workwear stuff.

and it has to be all black, with maybe silver or gold or color accesories. but shows, and belts have to be black. unless you have like an event/them day where they tell you to wear something or give you something to wear

shabdebaz

There's nothing really that we can't wear, except for colours. It is definitely all black and only black. I think you can get away with more types of clothing at MAC than you can with a lot of other jobs. I mean, you can get pretty cutting-edge, not only with your clothes but also with your hair, piercings, footwear, accessories, makeup, etc. We can't wear any type of hats or headgear that will cover any parts of our face. Also, we have to wear the silver MAC pin or necklace.

pale blue

I was talking to a MA once about this, and she also told me that they're not allowed to wear cotton either since it fades too much after washings and won't be a 'true' black. Maybe this was only at this one counter though.

giz2000

The only cotton items we aren't allowed to wear are tee-shirts...other than that, pretty much everything goes. When I was at Nordstrom, though, we had to dress much more conservatively than at a regular MAC counter..no sleeveless, no cleavage, no midriffs showing, no short skirts, no visible tatoos or piercings.

Shoes have to be all black...they can't have any stitching in any other color but black...at the counters I've worked at we also couldn't wear thong sandals (between the toes).

As for clothing, Forever 21 is great for inexpensive clothes for work. I don't buy expensive items because they (1) get full of makeup; and (2) you have to wash them so much that they fade quickly.

MACgirl

no faded clothing, no clothing that would put off customers or "shock" them, hiosery only if its neutral meaning no color, everything black, no black flip flops (although i seen it more times than i can count), you can wear jewelery as long as its fashionable and no overly dramatic...thats basically it...ithink.

Latest posts