Driver's permit question

stefania905

HEY all

i still have my drivers permit & im turning 21 next week.
will they automatically send me a new permit w/o the UNDER 21 in red letters?

or do i have to do something?

i updated my permit pictures not to long ago so thats fine.

ZoeFerret

In my state ( WA ) they don't automatically send you a new one- basically you have to go in a get a new ID. My sis turned 21 a few years back and just used her old under 21 ID- she never had any problems with it- the person checking your ID just has to take a look at your birthday to make sure you 21.

Beauty Mark

I doubt it. When I turned 21, I had to get a new ID. They weren't going to automatically send a new one to me.

stefania905

i am gonna go to the DMV soon but in the mean time after my bday(before i get my other permit in the mail b/c i have to retake the test now) i will just carry around my passport & expired permit when i go out & drink......do ya'll think that'll be ok???

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefania905
i am gonna go to the DMV soon but in the mean time after my bday(before i get my other permit in the mail b/c i have to retake the test now) i will just carry around my passport & expired permit when i go out & drink......do ya'll think that'll be ok???

Are you able to use your permit for 18+ stuff now? It doesn't matter if your ID has UNDER 21 written on it, since it should have your birth date as well

stefania905

i know you were just joking but please dont say that MACpro.

im just so afraid of like speed lol. a few of my friends old & new died in car accidents & im afraid. recently on Aug 26th one just passed away. another was shot in the head b/c a car chasing them was tryin to rob his passenger & he crashed into a tree last year. both have been in the papers.

those 2 happened righttttt by my house
so im scared ya kno guys?
i dont really have control over my right leg reflexes cuz of a surgery i had...sometimes it spazzes out so that really scares me....cuz ya kno thats what we drive with lol.

im not just worried about myself but others as well on the road.
i know it may seem like excuses but everyone has their own process of things
& when the time comes it comes.

many people in the city dont have a license either.
ya kno?
all i was doing is just asking a question.
so im sorry if i sound rude MACpro but please be careful when you joke.

& yes BeautyMark you are able to.
atleast i havent had any problems doing other things.
i bough cigarettes for my 25 yr old brother whenhe used to smoke & he was low on cash
so im guessin i can hehehe