Drug Testing

luminious

I might have a drug test this week and was wondering if you guys had any tips for cleansing out your system? I only smoke pot, but the last time I did was yesterday. I been drinking a lot of water and am gonna go to GNC tomorrow, but any advice is cool. I have a job interview tomorrow and they drug test so if I get the job I will be taking one.

Wattage

The active drugs in marijuana (pot, ganga, weed, dope, chuffey, grass... etc) are unfortunately fat soluble, which means they can remain in your system in trace amounts anywhere from 4 - 8 days post-use. If they are only looking for narcotics and you use marijuana, then this should be your only concern. Cross your fingers and hope for the best...

d_flawless

i agree w/ wattage, it MAY show up clean, it may not, depends on you, and has nothing to do w/ "diluting" your body with h20, i can tell you that from personal experience...
smiles.gif

user3

My advice is go get one of those drinks that you take before the test. They can be about 50-70 but they work. I don't know anyone that has failed when they took one. Follow the directions !!

Oh wait there was this one guy that did fail but he was very,VERY overweight. I think they make a drink by weight/size of a person now too.

A week is simply not long enough to clean pot out of your system.
Just better hope they don't hair test but they make a shampoo for that too...only it's not as foolproof as the drink.

solardame

My brother takes Niacin I believe, but it can make you feel sick especially if you've never taken it before. What ever you decide to do just be careful about it.

Wattage

OK So we deal with drug testing a lot in the athletic world and I went and pulled out the textbook for you... So, it says: "Marijuana also contains unique substances (cannabinoids) that are stored, much in the same manner as are fat cells, throughout the body and in the brain tissues for weeks and even months. These stored quantities result in a cumulative deleterious effect on the habitual user. "

- Taken from: "Arnheim's Principles of Athletic Training: a competency based approach" pg. 480.

So I guess that's your answer. I do know, however, that most athletes won't test positive within a week or two, depending on the individual. If you have to take the test, all you can really do is hope for the best. I apologize, but I am unfamiliar with products that may help eliminate detection.

HTH!

luminious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
My advice is go get one of those drinks that you take before the test. They can be about 50-70 but they work. I don't know anyone that has failed when they took one. Follow the directions !!

Oh wait there was this one guy that did fail but he was very,VERY overweight. I think they make a drink by weight/size of a person now too.

A week is simply not long enough to clean pot out of your system.
Just better hope they don't hair test but they make a shampoo for that too...only it's not as foolproof as the drink.

its only a urine test.. the job is for the phone company its a union job so i'm sure they will do one.

drinking water will make the urine clear because i been pissing all day so i wonder if they will still accept it if its clear.

my brother told me to drink a gallon of water before the test and it should work because hes smoked pot since he was 14 and passed many tests. his friend jus recently passed a parole piss test and he had crack and pot in his system.. jus drank water and was fine.

luminious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_monsta2504
Marijuana doesn't actually leave the body for up to 6 months... sorry hon!

I dont think so.. because my last drug test i had i smoked like 2 weeks before and i came up clean.. back then i didnt smoke as much though.

Tyester

If you drink too much water they'll make you retake it.

The same goes with those BS pre-test drinks. Most of those only screw up the test, and 90% of the time, if the test is unclear a retest is in order.

luminious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyester
If you drink too much water they'll make you retake it.

The same goes with those BS pre-test drinks. Most of those only screw up the test, and 90% of the time, if the test is unclear a retest is in order.

I dont think they do that for a job drug test, its not like im on probation.

moonrevel

I don't have any real advice because I don't smoke pot, but I can tell you that when I used to work at Best Buy we had to take a drug test when we were highered and then periodically after that, and about half the employees smoked and still kept their jobs, so I guess...hope for the best? Hehehe, I know, not much help.

I do have to say that even though I know they will come up clean, getting a drug test is always a stressful experience for me because I feel like the whole process is designed to make you feel guilty, especially the part where you gotta run the pee to them right away before washing your hands so they can test how warm it is. "Not that we don't trust you, we're just making sure you didn't sneak a cup of someone else's pee into your pocket!"

luminious

yeah i hate drug tests they make u feel like a criminal. last time i was clean and was still nervous. they wait outside the room listening it sucks. they said probably next week so i should be clean by then.

pumpkincat210

You can also use synthetic urine. It comes in a pouch and straps around your waist. It comes with heating packs that heat it to body temperature. You push a little snap on a tube and it comes out. I've never personally tried it, but i know people who've used them and it worked. I would really hate to get caught like that, but if its not probation type thing they probably won't watch you go. still i'd just stop smoking it and not have to bother with anything, its already an uncomfortable situation.

luminious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
You can also use synthetic urine. It comes in a pouch and straps around your waist. It comes with heating packs that heat it to body temperature. You push a little snap on a tube and it comes out. I've never personally tried it, but i know people who've used them and it worked. I would really hate to get caught like that, but if its not probation type thing they probably won't watch you go. still i'd just stop smoking it and not have to bother with anything, its already an uncomfortable situation.

yeah i've stopped smoking anyway because i didnt know if the test was gonna be soon or not.. im stopping because it's getting too expensive. i enjoy it a lot, but spending 100 a week on weed is getting to be a little much. if i get the job i'll probably smoke afterwards, but def. not everyday like i used to. plus it's been effecting my memory since i been doing it so long. i can't remember even the simplest things.

and i wanted to thank everyone for not leaving snooty comments on how bad smoking is.

colormust

the only advice i have for you is get some pee from someone. it is gross but the ONLY way to be positively sure that it will come up negitive

sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do

luminious

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormust
the only advice i have for you is get some pee from someone. it is gross but the ONLY way to be positively sure that it will come up negitive

sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do

yeah, but i dont even know anyone with clean piss. how sad is that? i should be clean by the time they ask for a test and i'll go to gnc just in case.

drugs are very big where i live.. and it's not even weed. most people do crack and coke here. my mothers piss would be the cleanest outta everyone, but she even smokes here and there. she should be clean, but won't they know since it won't be warm?

Jennifer Mcfly

I smoke pot on and off. I was on an on period and I got a new job and a month later they asked me to take a drug test b/c my probation was over and they wanted to officially hire me. I freaked out b/c I never had a job ask me to take a drug test. I had to do it the next day!
I went into a head shop and bought a drink that cleanses your system. It was about $20. You have to drink the whole bottle, then fill it up with water and drink it again about an hour before you take the test. I followed the instructions, took my test and passed. This is the only time I've used something like this, but it's worth a try. Oh and I had smoked just the day before they told me I had to take the test.
Hope this helps ya, good luck!

luminious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
I smoke pot on and off. I was on an on period and I got a new job and a month later they asked me to take a drug test b/c my probation was over and they wanted to officially hire me. I freaked out b/c I never had a job ask me to take a drug test. I had to do it the next day!
I went into a head shop and bought a drink that cleanses your system. It was about $20. You have to drink the whole bottle, then fill it up with water and drink it again about an hour before you take the test. I followed the instructions, took my test and passed. This is the only time I've used something like this, but it's worth a try. Oh and I had smoked just the day before they told me I had to take the test.
Hope this helps ya, good luck!

do you remember what it was called? Was it orange? My step dad took one that was orange and it worked, but it was 50$!