Drugstore Brush Cleaners?

MAC_Diva

I love my MAC brush cleaner but its so expensive!! Other than mixing it myself, has anyone seen a brush cleaner for less than $11?

Yushimi

baby shampoo and warm water is your new best friend lolz

Don't buy the Quo brush cleaner...it doesn't do anything to my brushes lolz

widdershins

At CVS they have a brush cleaner that is by Essence of Beauty. I like that brand of brushes so maybe the brush cleaner is also good!

mirandaincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi
baby shampoo and warm water is your new best friend lolz

i was sooooo close to buying this
thanks 4 the tip!!!

shea_47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi

agree 100%. it was a waste of money. it's basically just nice smelling water.

leenybeeny

I use Avon Sensitive Skin bubble bath.. it gets my brushes SO clean and it is slightly conditioning. My brushes are SOOOO soft.

TISH1124

I get mine at walgreens Perfection Brush Cleaner...they had them a while back on ebay for like a couple of dollars so i bought like 10 of them then ...so I am pretty well stocked..But it works great..I have also used baby Shampoo in the past as well..works just as great

Strawberrymold

If you live near a beauty supply store you can order it in bulk... it's a little more expensive at first but when you do the math it equates to less then a dollar an ounce. I ordered a huge jug of it from sally's for like $30 and I have had it for over a year. Also baby shampoo is lovely (but not great for the quick change)

ladyJ

I too use baby shampoo. I used to use MAC brush cleaner but it just got too expensive. Baby shampoo goes a long way.

pampie

for quick cleaning my brushes, i use this homemade cleanser from enkore, works great and so cheap to make! i just put it in a spray bottle from the dollar store

YouTube - Home Made Brush Cleanser

and for deep cleaning, i use baby shampoo like the rest of you
smiles.gif

Latest posts