Drugstore haul! (nail polishes and shadows)

k.a.t

Latest haulage...

dsc05548g.jpg

dsc05550i.jpg

Sleek shadow palettes in 'Acid' and 'Sunset'

BarryM nail polishes in

Cyan blue
blueberry
mint green
vivid purple
bright purple
lemon
strawberry
bright pink
pink iridescence

and BarryM dazzledust in black

th_DANCE.gif

VIC MAC

Jealous of the nailpolishes :-(((( What happened to the palettes, looks as if mirror is smashed in one....

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIC MAC
Jealous of the nailpolishes :-(((( What happened to the palettes, looks as if mirror is smashed in one....

I don't know, I opened it when I got home to find the mirror smashed
ssad.gif

VIC MAC

Aawww that's so annoying..... Be careful there isn't tiny bits of glass in your shadows :-(((

Junkie

Great haul! I've been wanting the Acid palette forever.

But I'd take that palette back for an exchange just in case! Those shards can get really tiny and really hurt you
ssad.gif

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIC MAC
Aawww that's so annoying..... Be careful there isn't tiny bits of glass in your shadows :-(((

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie

But I'd take that palette back for an exchange just in case! Those shards can get really tiny and really hurt you
ssad.gif

Omg why did I not think about this?! now I'm scared
ssad.gif
I don't think I can take it back though?

Junkie

Quote:

ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t
Omg why did I not think about this?! now I'm scared
ssad.gif
I don't think I can take it back though?

Just explain that you opened it and it was already broken. Just say you want an exchange or money back if they don't have another one available. Some will even give store credit. If they won't, ask to speak with a manager. If you still can't get anywhere, contact their head office or customer service department. And if you really can't get anywhere - contact the company that manufactures Sleek. I'm sure they'd love to know that the company/store they supply to has no qualms about selling damaged product to customers that can cause a health hazard.

Hope that helps hun! Didn't mean to scare you!

k.a.t

Quote:
Just explain that you opened it and it was already broken. Just say you want an exchange or money back if they don't have another one available. Some will even give store credit. If they won't, ask to speak with a manager. If you still can't get anywhere, contact their head office or customer service department. And if you really can't get anywhere - contact the company that manufactures Sleek. I'm sure they'd love to know that the company/store they supply to has no qualms about selling damaged product to customers that can cause a health hazard.

Hope that helps hun! Didn't mean to scare you!

I'll do that! thanks. Although would it matter if I've tested some of the colours?

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t
I'll do that! thanks. Although would it matter if I've tested some of the colours?

No...I don't think it should. Drugstores are the worst for cosmetic return policies, but if it was damaged to begin with (especially involving glass) they should take it back. I'd just ask to speak directly with the manager just in case - they're less likely to put up a fight than a cashier or cosmetics worker.

If anything (about the testing) just say you were trying to salvage the palette by cleaning them, but didn't want to chance it since the shards were so tiny.

Lebellabeauty

I have that sleek acid palette and to me even though the colors are really pretty and bright, they really don't come out very pigmented. A couple do but most of them are pretty chalky. When I do use the shadows, I pat the color on my eyelid with my finger rather than use a brush because I find the colors shows up a lot better.

Latest posts