Drugstore Lipsticks - What are your favs?

Meisje

Maybelline SuperStay. I have Strawberry, a bright pink (which they seem to have discontinued already, much to my dismay as it was the best color for me) and Flame, a very deep red. I can eat pretty much anything (although oily and alcoholic things seem to take it off) and I've occasionally fallen asleep with it on and woken up in the morning with it still on.

Edit: Strawberry is apparently hard to find because it's the opposite of DC --- it's new!

falsefiction

i love the nyx round, they are really smooth and have great color, but not much staying power (but for $1.50, i'm ok with that!!
smiles.gif
)

i also just bought rimmel lasting finish in "pink champagne" and i am seriously in love. it is a really good MAC "snob" l/s dupe and it looks lovely and has good staying power.

widdershins

I really love L'Oreal's Color Juice lipstick. I have one in Personali-TEA and it's a really pretty nude. It's yummy smelling and really moisturizing. I definitely plan to pick up a couple more.

macattack77

Do you guys have a recommendation for a good neutral or nude drugstore lipstick for the NC42-45 range in skintone? I'm always nervous about buying drugstore brands because you can't try anything first... but in these tough times I have to cut back on MAC!

any suggestions or swatches would be great!

aussiemacluvrrr

Hey all, I just bought the Revlon Colorstay lippie in Smooth Nude after seeing it on Miss Natty's blog and it is amazing. The colour is the perfect nude and it stays on my lips for ages!

I dont normally like colorstay lip products, but this one is great.

MizzVivaGlam

I always loved Revlon's lipstick. They have really pretty shades and stay on just as long as my MAC lipstick's do. Now I'm really loving NYX just as much. You cannot beat the quality of NYX for the prices you can buy their products at! It's crazy.

Lerina

- Revlon Colorburst in "soft nude"
- Maybelline Color Sensational in "born with it" and "pink please"

baton

covergirl trushine in blushberry i absolutely love...however it's been discontinued
ssad.gif

I have Maybelline Color Sensational in "Born with it" and "Pink of me" and they're both great--pigmented, nice texture, and last reasonably long. I think they're my new favorite drugstore lipstick. Very close to MAC in quality IMHO.

mayushka

L'Oreal Color Riche is my favorite, especially Star Secrets line, I have Rose Laetitia, Rouge Penelope and Noeime Plum, and I love all three of them. They are pigmented and stay on really long, also they look really nice.
Other lipsticks I like are Revlon Colorbursts, although I don't like their smell.

mayushka

L'Oreal Color Riche is my favorite, especially Star Secrets line, I have Rose Laetitia, Rouge Penelope and Noemie Plum, and I love all three of them. They are pigmented and stay on really long, also they look really nice.
Other lipsticks I like are Revlon Colorbursts, although I don't like their smell.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Any of the Revlon Colorburst lipsticks (I also a Colorburst lip butter that's excellent); I own four of them. wet'n'wild ones aren't bad, either.

Dominique33

None, I have no drugstore lipstick, except a deep red one from So Bio Etic. Compared to the US we don't have so many brands.

Mira111

I don't know if this counts but you can get it at Target. The NP Set Lipsticks. Color payoff is amazing but they are silky and smooth and shiny. Love 'em.