Dry, Oily, or Both

ARmakeupjunkie

Have any of you found yourself treating your skin for being dry and oily at the same time or whatever and whatever at the same time? I am dry somedays and oily others. Some days, I am both at different times of the day. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and if so, how did you treat it?

MAC_Pixie04

I would use products that are suitable for normal skin. If you use products target for oily skin, they can dry out your dry areas, if you use something richer for dry skin, it can mix with the oil in spots on your skin and cause breakouts and even more excess oil. Also look for products that are balancing, they'll regulate the oil in your skin to stay off your shiniest parts and send it to the areas that need the moisture.

deeaimond

I used to have terribly oily and breakout-y skin until i started using moisturiser. The logic is pretty simple, when your skin gets too dry, it overcompensates with the sebum production, so yr face gets really oily. So it just keeps alternating dry or oily. Use a mild, alcohol free moisturiser. too many oily skin products have alcohol in it an that irritates further. Some normal skin products might be too rich. sample all the kinds of creams u can find. a water based creme should work best. Try it for a few days and your skin should start regulating the sebum production itself. Of course, this is provided its not environmental factors that are causing yr skin to get stressed.

Oh yeah, i think where you're at you should be able to find the clinique dramatically different moisturiser in gel formulation. I tried that before and it's really good. It's not that expensive in the US, u might even wanna just try asking them for a sample.
greengrin.gif

ARmakeupjunkie

Thanks Deeaimond! I have been trying to use more mild products and I did go back to using the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. It really seem to be the only thing I have tried so far that works on both the oily and dry days.

zaralovesmac

Yea I have a sample of the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturiser and it works quite well.At the mo' I'm using oily/combo skincare products and they seem to be working very well.I think once I use them up though I'm going to go and get my skin type sorted out at Clinique because I don't really know what the hell my skin type is.I have dry cheeks and an oily t-zone so I guess I might be combination?!I dunno but I've heard Clinique are good for skin care so I'm gonna give it a try!
smiles.gif

saniyairshad

I agree with MAC_Pixie04, use normal skin products. i have normal skin everywhere on my face except my nose.