Dryness.......anyone?????

pratbc

OK, this is a bit embarassing, but I figured I would post on here since I have no girlfriends in my position to talk to about this.

I gave birth to my son 2 1/2 years ago. I was in a bad marriage and basically slept on the couch since the baby was born up until I left him last summer (i.e. we did not have sex for over a year). Now that we have been separated and I have started dating I noticed that I am sooooooo dry. It is embarassing and uncomfortable for both involved and then I end up having to pull out the KY
ssad.gif

Also, around the time I left my hubby I started on a new anti-depressant called Cymbalta. I am not sure whether this dryness is a result of childbirth or the meds (since I hadn't had sex until after both).
I NEVER had this problem before, actually I was the exact opposite.
Does anyone have any suggestions or is there something out there I can use before sex so its not so embarassing hehe.

Thanks all of u so much
smiles.gif

V15U4L_3RR0R

It could well be the medication but honestly, I wouldn't worry about having to Lube up. Sometimes it doesn't happen for me either so I need a little extra help
winks.gif
. It's not the end of the world and you can always get your partner to rub it in for you to make it a little more fun.

Kuuipo

Cymbalta can cause delayed sexual response-i.e. slower lubrication, longer arousal time, increased time (and effort) to reach orgasm. Not a reason to switch if the medication is working for you mood-wise. Find a non irritating lubricant and use more foreplay! Make foreplay more important than the act of sex itself, possibley start with you receiving oral sex. If this is a new partner and he is untested (or she), use dental dams and condoms. (more than half of all adults have herpes and carry human papilloma virus)Take it slow, set the mood-incense, candles, etc.

Paramnesia

I've heard great reviews of silicon based lubrications, I personally find KY drys out and makes the dryness worse. I'm also on an anti-depressant which has definitely affected my sexual response.

MissChriss

I would say visit your gynecologist. Last year I did experience dryness for some reason which was weird for me too because me dry? Yea, weird. I am not dry like I used to be but still not normal like before but we go use lube sometimes.

I keep mine on my headboard soo if he is having trouble inserting he'll grab it hisself and all is well. I guess its better if you are in a relationship going thru it because I don't even worry about it.Its not a big deal. If you know you are about to have sex why not rub a small amount of lube down there beforehand. IDK.

CantAffordMAC

I have experienced dryness...I was always embarrassed because I thought I was too young to be going through that. But its all psychological for me....there was times when I was uncomfortable having sex therefore I wasn't wet at all.

I have the KY Warming Liquid....ugh its the worst. It is so sticky and greasy. I have to get one of the natural feeling ones. I wouldn't be embarrassed about it....its not a big deal
winks.gif

sadecki

Hi there! Dont be embarassed! Dryness can happen to anyone...for a variety of reasons. It could be due to a slight hormone change and definitely because of Cymbalta which has been known to have sexual side effects!

Try out different lubes. Water based lubes (KY, Astroglide) have less irritating ingredients but evaporate really quickly. Silicone based lubes are not for everyone because they can cause irritation and need soap and water to wash off. (I can say that I think silicone based if better, by far). Try out some cheapo lubes to see if you like water or silicone better and then invest in a great bottle - believe me, irritating and less than satisfactory lubes can be more inconvenient than being dry!

I recommend PJUR and Hustler silicone based. Expensive, but good.

IvyTrini

Try going to a sex store like Toys in Babeland (babeland.com). They have a great selection and you could even buy samplers, which are these single use lube packets. I personally like the water based, glycerin free lubes like Slippery Stuff. Do a search online for stores that sell lubes etc.

Latest posts