dubonnet rumored to be discontinued?

matsubie

after my disappointing trip to a nearby cco, i headed over to a MAC store inside roosevelt field mall (i live in nyc) - and spend aimlessly without thinking - one of the MAs tell me after looking at one of my purchases - my dubonnet lipstick - that this is going to be discontinued.

can anyone confirm?

this is one of my favorite red lipsticks after ruby woo.
i'm going to stock up if this is true.

MzzRach

I've heard the same thing - I love Dubonnet.

I have found Dare You cremesheen to be a browner version of Dubonnet, for what it's worth. I posted a swatch comparison in the Cremesheen swatch thread, if that helps you at all.

But yeah, I would stock up if you love it. It's such a fabulous colour.

matsubie

oh no.....so the rumor isn't some kind of a hoax. =*(

i'll def stock up and look into the cremesheen lipstick

erine1881

its still on the new holiday schematics (whereas skew, profusion, and others aren't), it has no ToD on the site, and its a popular color. i don't think it will be.

MzzRach

Thanks Erine! I had read in more than one place that this was going to be DC'd, so I'll wait before I stock up backups.

kimmy

dammit, that's one of the only mac reds i don't have...i better get my hands on it before it's gone. reds shouldn't be allowed to be dc'd...EVAR!

matsubie

i concur with kimmy.

great reds should never be discontinued. it's hard enough to find good reds, for gosh sakes, keep the ones that work for people!

thanks erine, though. i was thinking the same thing. no ToD and it's a popular color......so.....we'll see.

aziajs

I just wanted to add that not having a ToD or the fact it's a popular color doesn't mean anything. We've all seen things like this disappear before. And just because it's being discontinued doesn't mean it will be happening soon.

bby112

oh no!! i love dubonnet.. it is my perfect red lippie! i hope its not truee because if it is i better stock up

AngelBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bby112
oh no!! i love dubonnet.. it is my perfect red lippie! i hope its not truee because if it is i better stock up

According to several of the MAs that I talk to alot (including the MAC manager at my nearby Nordie's) ALL of the amplified cremes are being d/c'd ... which makes me want to cry!

I really hope that they change their minds about this ... I don't have Dubonnet (shock!) but I do have TONS of amplifieds and they are my faves. They are supposedly replacing them with a full line of the Cremesheens, but I just don't like those as much at all.

If this has already been discussed, sorry for the repeat ... I am just so upset about the idea that I needed to vent!
thmbdn.gif

BeautyPsycho

Oh Dubonnet is my fav! Honestly, I don't wear it that often so I don't really have to stock up.
I should take a look at other "amplified creme" lipsticks, I really like that formula...

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
its still on the new holiday schematics (whereas skew, profusion, and others aren't), it has no ToD on the site, and its a popular color. i don't think it will be.

I agree. I work for MAC and haven't heard anything about Dubonnet being disc.

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico
Are Amplified cremes being discontinued?
WTF2.gif
They must lost their mind
angry.gif

No, this is just a rumor. They will stay.

Latest posts