Duo eye lash adhesive

Shimmer

It's at the MAC store I go to, so I'll assume yes.
smiles.gif

moonrevel

You can get it at any MAC counter or store, but it isn't a MAC product, and you can also get it (cheaper) at just about any drug store.

bellamia

Thats the thing I haven't seen in at any drug store. But thanks I have to take a trip to MAC.

Actually I haven't check target, do they have it there?

bellaetoile

it's not a mac exclusive product. when john s., the pro artist, did my makeup at the nordie's pro tour, he said that mac had a contract to sell duo because it was simply the best adhesive on the market. but you can get it at cvs, walgreen's, target, etc. and it's usually a couple bucks cheaper.

MAChostage

Maybe I used a *bad* adhesive...

Ok, speaking of lash adhesive, tonight I played around with false lashes for the first time, using individuals. I picked up some lashes by Andrea and also their brand of individual lash adhesive (the package says "perma-lash" adhesive). I put on like 4 little lash clumps and, MY LAWD... I didn't think I'd ever get those things off!! I used the baby-oil-on-cotton-swab method to try to loosen up the adhesive. Thing is, based on this experience, I never want to be bothered with false lashes again -- scary!! I read that a lot of you use Duo adhesive (which this Walgreen's didn't have at the time I purchased my lashes and adhesive), but is it difficult to remove, too? I also noticed on this Andrea adhesive package that it doesn't give any removal instructions! I had to get those off the lash package. I hope my poor eye isn't all jacked up later on because of the removal trauma.

user6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
Ok, speaking of lash adhesive, tonight I played around with false lashes for the first time, using individuals. I picked up some lashes by Andrea and also their brand of individual lash adhesive (the package says "perma-lash" adhesive). I put on like 4 little lash clumps and, MY LAWD... I didn't think I'd ever get those things off!! I used the baby-oil-on-cotton-swab method to try to loosen up the adhesive. Thing is, based on this experience, I never want to be bothered with false lashes again -- scary!! I read that a lot of you use Duo adhesive (which this Walgreen's didn't have at the time I purchased my lashes and adhesive), but is it difficult to remove, too? I also noticed on this Andrea adhesive package that it doesn't give any removal instructions! I had to get those off the lash package. I hope my poor eye isn't all jacked up later on because of the removal trauma.

That sounds horrible!!! I'd be freaked out as well!!! But I'm glad you survived it!!!

lara

Quote:

Perma-lash is a long-lasting glue that's designed to keep false lashes on for long periods of time. A form of it is used for eyelash extensions and infills and can last as long as a regular eyelash (4-7 weeks).
Regular lash adhesive, ala Duo, is a mild surgical latex that can be removed with warm water or rubbing between your fingers and won't survive being slept in.

It's really important to read the instructions and packet details on things like adhesives.

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Perma-lash is a long-lasting glue that's designed to keep false lashes on for long periods of time. A form of it is used for eyelash extensions and infills and can last as long as a regular eyelash (4-7 weeks).
Regular lash adhesive, ala Duo, is a mild surgical latex that can be removed with warm water or rubbing between your fingers and won't survive being slept in.

It's really important to read the instructions and packet details on things like adhesives.

That's the thing, this package only gave application instructions, on the box itself, there wasn't an insert or anything. And at that, it was a mere couple of sentences telling you to thoroughly clean your lids before starting, dip the knotted end of the lash into the adhesive, wait a few seconds and then apply. I only wish it had given the info you did (and I thank you for it!)!

Chalk this one up as an "experience is the best teacher" incident.

giz2000

Quote:

Perma lash is crazy! That stuff will hold individual lashes forever...I used it once and had to end up gently rolling off hte lashes because they were hurting! I have since them learned to use them correctly...live and learn I say! I am glad you survived this incident...
smiles.gif

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
Perma lash is crazy! That stuff will hold individual lashes forever...I used it once and had to end up gently rolling off hte lashes because they were hurting! I have since them learned to use them correctly...live and learn I say! I am glad you survived this incident...
smiles.gif

I hear ya! Believe me, I have learned! I was in fact using individual lashes, just didn't expect to SUPER GLUE them on! I went to Sally's today and bought some #110 Ardell lash strips and the proper adhesive and I'm sitting here right now with one applied to my (other) eye. It looks very nice, and natural. It's like my own lashes, but better.
smiles.gif

user79

Duo is the best I dont buy drugstore crap anymore when it comes to glue. It stays on all night.

sweetmelissa

Wow, I didn't know MAC sold Duo adhesive and I had no idea that there was a dark version either! I'll have to check this out.

BadBadGirl

I use the Duo dark tone and purchase it from WalGreens. I really hate the smell...is there another brand as good without the gross scent?