Duo Lash does not want to be my friend anymore

Vixxan

Hi

I can't use duo lash anymore. I have been using this product for a few months now but lately when I apply my lashes my eyes turn red almost immediately (bloodshot). It doesn't hurt my eyes don't feel irritated but they are really red. I need an alternative to duo lash. I did several test over a course of a week and I am sure it is the duo lash causing the problem. It really sucks when you have to give up a product you love. I am using Duo Lash Dark.

banana1234

i got this too, i thought it was just me, but im using just the regular duo. but ive had my duo for ages, and it got me wondering, is it cos its old? could that be it? is urs old too? i tried a new eyelash adhesive, but it wasnt duo, its just the one that came in a pack, and i had no problem, but that was brand new *shrugs*

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
i got this too, i thought it was just me, but im using just the regular duo. but ive had my duo for ages, and it got me wondering, is it cos its old? could that be it? is urs old too? i tried a new eyelash adhesive, but it wasnt duo, its just the one that came in a pack, and i had no problem, but that was brand new *shrugs*

It's not old. I purchased a new one to test and it did the same thing.

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
It's not old. I purchased a new one to test and it did the same thing.

damn, thought i might be onto something there! but it was too simple. my eyes water like hell and then go red, it sucks

have u tried using it anyway and maybe taking an antihistamine like piriton? cos it could just be like any other allergy, like hayfever. mind you, if ur eye is saying it doesnt like it, its probably best to listen!

user79

It's the latex contained in Duo and most other lash glues. It's very annoying to deal with once you develop a latex sensitivity. I never reacted to Duo at first but after continued use, my eyes swell when I use it.

You need to buy a latex-free glue such as Ardell LashTite, it's one of the few latex free glues available.

TISH1124

I agree...I can't use latex anything (thank God i'm married) ....I am allergic....But I have found that when I did use the DUO..I could slighlty get by with using the regular but the waterproof made my eyes itch and burn like crazy even for days after I had removed it

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
I agree...I can't use latex anything (thank God i'm married) ....I am allergic....But I have found that when I did use the DUO..I could slighlty get by with using the regular but the waterproof made my eyes itch and burn like crazy even for days after I had removed it

LOL, I remember the latex years and I'm glad I'm married too.

Vixxan

Thanks so much ladies. I just happen to have 4 box Ardell LashTite that I got free with eye lash purchase. I had a hard time using this because of the strong smell but I guess I'm going to have to get used to it.

Thanks