Dupe for Sablecoated e/s?*pics*

aleksis210

So I went into MAC the other day and told the lady I want a neutral or cool matte brown closest to the discontinued color Sablecoated...When I brought the color home (charcoal brown) I realized they don't look anything alike..Can you ladies recommend a good dupe?

Here's some pics!
(All pics are true to color!)
*Charcoal brown, the color I was recommended
DSCF4320.jpg

*SableCoated(in the middle)
DSCF4324.jpg

*Side by Side comparison
DSCF4325.jpg

NicksWifey

Seeing that pic of Sablecoated in that palette reminds me a lot of Folie e/s, although Folie may have some more red tones to it.

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
Seeing that pic of Sablecoated in that palette reminds me a lot of Folie e/s, although Folie may have some more red tones to it.

Thanks Brit!...for some reason any browns that are warm look really,really bad on me...

aleksis210

Hmmm so I'm thinking 'Handwritten' or 'Espresso'...are these close? p.s. even though I like cool browns...I have no idea if Sablecoated is actually cool/neutral or not, it's simply a guess...

tiramisu

Well, I can't see the pics, but I personally love such cool matte browns as:
Mystery (neutral matte dk brown with hint of plum =this looks great on my skin tone and I use it all the time!!)
and Espresso. Brun is also good matte neutral!

You're right BTW-- charcoal brown conjures up images of a cool brown, but that looks totally warm in your pic!!