Duty Free MAC

Kiwi Girlie

I was just wondering if there was a Duty Free MAC counter in the Melbourne Airport?

I know theres one in the Sydney one, so was wondering if Melbourne Airport has one too.

Kiwi Girlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlambrosia
Nope. Checked twice, and asked. No such luck :p

Aww, thanks for that.

no 20% off for me then
ssad.gif

I know I am a bit late lol- but there is now a MAC in the Duty Free in Melbourne airport, I was thrilled to see it when I was there in July

Seary_Fairy

Ooo yay! I've got some relatives coming over from NZ soon. Do they have a good range there? Any collections or just perm stuff?

chameleonmary

OMG i was just about to ask what kinda discount you get at duty free as my friend went overseas armed with my list!

archangeli

The prices at duty free usually isn't "discounted" per-se but they do have special brush sets and palettes that aren't available at the counters or stores.

Unless you're a flight attendant - then depending on the airport you can get either 15% or 20% off
winks.gif

Eyeshadows were $24, nice discount!
smiles.gif
Of course I wasnt expecting to see them so I couldnt decide and only ended up with one! lol
I didn't notice how much the Lip stuff or anything else was but I assume the discount would be a similar percentage.
I was there in mid-July and they had the Strange Hybrid display out, and yes they also had some travel palettes (one that caught my eye was one with two eyeshadows and a blush, Satin Taupe and Swish not sure what the blush was nor how much it was) It looked to me like pretty much the whole range of regular colours.
The range of duty free makeup seems a lot bigger now, more brands there that I don't remember seeing before. Oh and yeah the Melbourne Duty Free is cheaper than NZ at least on Chanel! Of course still pricey compared to the US but oh well we are used to that lol.

lolemily

There's a MAC counter at the international departure bit of the Tullamarine airport. Not sure if it's duty-free (I'm guessing so).

X_cinderella_X

I was so excited to see the duty free counter when i was leaving for fiji in june. Dont be stupid like me, and leave your purchases for the trip home, because you can only access it when you leave the country, not returning. Der cindy.

miss_bailey

I was at the MAC counter in Sydney international a couple of weeks ago and they still have loads of dazzleglass and some neo sci fi things.

cassandra-ellen

I know this is a stupid question. But are you able to get it duty free at the melb one if your seeing someone off or something? Sorry just not sure.

littleinkpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra-ellen
I know this is a stupid question. But are you able to get it duty free at the melb one if your seeing someone off or something? Sorry just not sure.

No, it's after you go through customs. All duty free shopping is done that way as you have to be leaving the country in order to not pay tax on those items.

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seary_Fairy
Do any kiwi girls know if there is a MAC at the Auckland International departures?
smiles.gif

i dont think so sorry. you could try going to one of the stores, as shops over here do duty free for travellers

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seary_Fairy
Do any kiwi girls know if there is a MAC at the Auckland International departures?
smiles.gif

Sorry, there's no MAC and neither are there other stores that offer duty-free MAC products. I checked up when I left NZ last month. If you can get it in Oz when you leave, do!

lushlady15

I'm going to Europe at the end of July, I hope I don't spend all my savings at the MAC duty free at Melbourne airport :p

Latest posts