Dying hair a natural red?

Tahti

Hey,
I have a HUGE fear of hairdressers, (since I was 9, I've only been to one two or three times) and I went to one last week and emerged incredibly enraged and out of 45euro... ;/

My hair is naturally a dark orangey red, and lately it's been losing a lot of it's colour and getting more brown toned... I don't like this, so I went to the hairdresser and asked to get my natural hair dyed a little bit brighter - emphasis on NATURAL... I ended up with a neon-orange-red dye job which was horrific in it's unnaturalness to behold.

I've spent the last week washing it out, and have succeeded in toning it down to a vile brown-ginger with a metallic red sheen... It really is horrendous.

So my question is - I need to get my hair fixed, but is there any possible way I can fix it at home without having to shell out more to another hairdresser?
This is pretty much the exact colour my hair used to be and what I want to get it back to.
Is there any way I can dye this colour at home - do I need to bleach out my hair, or is there anyone that knows of a really good natural red hair dye that I can use to dye over my hair?

Cheers!

(I'd provide a photo of my hair, but my camera isn't working.)

120qntf.jpg

Blueeyesangel18

Im so sorry to hear about your bad experience I'm not sure what you can do to get that colour back other than growing it out but hopefully some of the other specktra ladies will be able to help

clslvr6spd

Color remover. Pravana makes a good one, I am sure you can find it online & order it. It smells awful, but it works. that's what I would do,
Use a semi or demi perm if you want just a boost for your color.

Tahti

^ I've never used colour remover, does it just strip out the dye or does it lighten your hair?

clslvr6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahti
^ I've never used colour remover, does it just strip out the dye or does it lighten your hair?

It strips the pigment out of the hair.
If you what to lighten, use bleach with 20 volume.

Latest posts