E/L rec

doodles

What's a good eyeliner from MAC? I used to wear brown but haven't in the past couple years. I had such a hardtime finding a good, consistent store brand that I guess I gave up. The make-up chapter at school (cosmetology) has inspired me to try picking up that pencil again. Thanks!

Amaranth

What sort of eyeliner are you looking for? Something you can use on the waterline, something you can smudge, is waterproof? I'm actually a huge fan of the PowerPoint eyeliners, because they start off quite soft so you can either go for a precise look or you can smudge it, but it will become waterproof after it has dried. PowerPoint is not water-line safe though, so if that's what you're looking for, you could try the Technakhol liners, which aren't waterproof but are still quite long-wearing. You'll also still get the benefits of choosing between precision and smudging. I also like that they don't need to be sharpened.

doodles

Hmm I'm not sure really. I'm not really that experienced with it to be honest. I just learned what the waterline was 5min's ago! lol Is it easier getting e/l on that part of the eye vs under the lower lashes? The fact that the Technakhol liners don't need to be sharpened appeals to me...

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodles
Hmm I'm not sure really. I'm not really that experienced with it to be honest. I just learned what the waterline was 5min's ago! lol Is it easier getting e/l on that part of the eye vs under the lower lashes? The fact that the Technakhol liners don't need to be sharpened appeals to me...

Well, I guess it depends on you, and how good you are with eyeliner and where you're used to putting it. Eyeliner is actually pretty difficult for a lot of people to keep on the waterline though, I know on me stuff stays put for an hour tops, even if I set it with powder. But then again, some people can wear it there all day.