E/S Brushes - how do you pick?

Kels823

How do you determine what brush to use for which effect? I.e., what makes you pick up your fluffier brushes, what makes you grab those rounder boys, what moves you to use your flatter ones?

For me: If Im trying to pack color onto the lid, I use a smaller, flatter brush. If Im trying to blend colors Ill use a fluffy rounded one. For the crease, I use a small very round brush (it looks like a little ball actually, its from Clinique). Ive gotten pretty good results from it, it picks up color well. But I just bought the 217 (which is like a ponytail shaped brush). I havent gotten the hang of it yet but Im gonna keep practicing.

What about you? Just looking for your input.
smiles.gif
TIA!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Well I dunno how I chose them, I just know they're my favorites:

Face:
187 for liquid/creme foundation, buff on with circular motions.
134 for powder foundation or setting powder, for quick applications and all over powders.
129 (or 187) for application of blushes, bronzers, and Mineralize Skinfinishes.
MAC Couture Buffer brush for buffing of powders, super-blending.

Eye:
242 for packing/patting eyeshadow onto eyelide/browbone, and for applying paints/fluidlines as bases.
219 (favorite brush!!) for blending. I love love love this brush. It's so easy to blend with. I just dip into the color and brush along the crease and since it's small, it's easy to build color or blend higher/lower. It's better to start small so you don't go overboard right from the get go.
213 for a soft wash of color on the eyelid, or to wash along the browbone.

Lip:
194 concealor brush for lipstick. I love using this, I feel like it picks up more color than the traditional lip brushes. For some reason I just like it a little better.