• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

E/S colors according to eye shape and set...

~LadyLocks~

Hi all
wavey.gif

A few years ago I took a Professional Image class and while going through my stuff (I'm moving soon) I came accross some helpful information I thought I'd share with you luvly Specktratees.

Many of you already know this but many do not, either way I hope you find this helpful!

*Before you apply eye shadow it is important to analyze the shape and the set of your eyes.

Close Set Eyes Can appear wider apart by using a lighter shadow on the inner half of the lid.

Wide Apart Eyes Can appear closer by using a deeper color on the inner half of the lid and a medium tone on the outer corner.

Small Or Deep Set Eyes Will appear larger if you use lighter shades of shadow.

Large Or Protruding Eyes Will seem smaller if you use medium to dark shades on the lid.

Thanks for looking
greengrin.gif

claresauntie

Thanks for this! The only thing is... I don't know if I know when eyes are close-set, wide-set, or deep-set. {blush}

ieatbugs

I also find that my tiny tiny eyes are REALLY opened up when I take a shimmery white and put it in the inner and outer corners of my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LadyLocks~
Hi all
wavey.gif

A few years ago I took a Professional Image class and while going through my stuff (I'm moving soon) I came accross some helpful information I thought I'd share with you luvly Specktratees.

Many of you already know this but many do not, either way I hope you find this helpful!

*Before you apply eye shadow it is important to analyze the shape and the set of your eyes.

Close Set Eyes Can appear wider apart by using a lighter shadow on the inner half of the lid.

Wide Apart Eyes Can appear closer by using a deeper color on the inner half of the lid and a medium tone on the outer corner.

Small Or Deep Set Eyes Will appear larger if you use lighter shades of shadow.

Large Or Protruding Eyes Will seem smaller if you use medium to dark shades on the lid.

Thanks for looking
greengrin.gif

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
Thanks for this! The only thing is... I don't know if I know when eyes are close-set, wide-set, or deep-set. {blush}

Aaww man, I knew I should of scanned the page, it had pictures of all the different eye types. It's packed away in storage at the moment and will be for the next few months, sorry. I'll try looking around online to see if I can find some samples for you!

PrudeyNudey

That interesting. Wide set eyes are a good thing aren't they? Is that why in most cases the outer V is usually darker than the inner?

Katja

I was told by a MAC artist that for my Filipino eyes, that it would look great if my inner lid was darker than my outer lid. I haven't tried it yet, but he said it opens up my type of eye (medium size, but small lids)