e/s finishes - using what where?

monter

I'm trying to get more creative with my eyeshadows. However, I have all kinds of finishes - mostly satins, though I do have a few mattes, velvets, frosts - and I sort of wonder what finishes are appropriate for what parts of the eyelid.

I seem to remember that mattes are more appropriate for the outer corner, but could you put them all over, too? In the crease?

What kinds of combos look the best?

Lizzie

Generally, I like a matte (or non shimmery) highlight and everything else is a free for all.

MzEmo

i really dont think mattes are linited to the outer corners. i myself always use carbon all over the lid with some kind of diff color for a smokey matte/shimmery look.

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie
Generally, I like a matte (or non shimmery) highlight and everything else is a free for all.

same...
smiles.gif

rt66chix

I generally only do matte shadows (occasionally satin or velvet) to define the full crease and the rest is a free-for-all. I've stayed away from frosty finishes on the brow highlight cuz i feel like it looks a little dated, but if i'm doing really warm shades and have used a lot of matte colors, i'll do a frost or even veluxe pearl on the browbone (but this is rare).

gigiopolis

I prefer to use matte or satin shadows in the crease since then the contouring of the eye is more effective (doesn't bounce off light so it makes the shadowing effect look more intense), but I really have no rules. I used to never use shimmery shadows for the highlight on the browbone, but after watching Nireyna's YouTube videos, I've become inspired to use it more. It looks beautiful! It's really all up to you.

emeraldjewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaemia
I usually use whatever I feel like where ever I want... I have no rules!

iagree.gif

Do whatever you want to do, there are no rules when it comes to make up
thmbup.gif

Zoffe

Experiment!
greengrin.gif

But I tend to like a more matte/non-shimmery shadow in the crease since shimmery colors highlight and that's not what I want my crease color to do :]
I love a shadow that's a little shimmery for my brow bone highlight if I've done an all-matte/non-shimmery lid/crease but be a little careful with the shimmery colors if you don't wanna look like a dicso ball
greengrin.gif