E/S Help! MAC Newbie

Renee73

I'm just starting to collect MAC cosmetics. My first purchase was Shroom and I love it. I'm looking to add to this. About me, Dk Brown hair, light/med complexion, hazel eyes. I tend to go for more natural/neutral colors but am not limited to this.

I'm pulled in all different directions by all the great color choices: I'm eyeing:
Naked Lunch
Satin Taupe (I am worried this will make me look bruised though)
Bare Canvas paint
Slip Pink
Taupeless
Patina
Tempting (afraid of the boldness)

Also, I'd like to try a vibrant color like shimmermoss but am not sure how to apply it.

Any suggestions for colors and which colors to wear together?

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

Out of those listed you certainly my imo have to get satin taupe lovely colour (i've never heard anyone say it made them look like they had a bruise, just postive feedback about it), Patina and Tempting.
Shimmermoss is a beautiful colour, one of my faves
smiles.gif

And in my opinion bare canvas is a MUST for a base for your eyeshadows it stops the creasing and makes the colour more vibrant
smiles.gif

sweetza

I second Satin Taupe and Bare Canvas.

A color like shimmermoss can easily be toned down with other colors, like browns or greys until you are more comfortable. My first 'color' was steamy and I blended it with woodwinked until I could wear it on it's own or with other brights.

A lot of people seem to have issues with Slip Pink showing up? But of course others love it as well.

I love taupeless, especially blended with Satin Taupe. Naked Lunch is on a lot of peoples must have list and is a great neutral.

Kat

I love shimmermoss. It looks gorgeous on the inner part of the lid, with Bronze on the outer part and blended well. It can be surprisingly subtle after practice! Patina is a great everyday colour as well