E/S or Pigments...which do you prefer?

doodles

And why? Discuss.
winkiss.gif

purrtykitty

Well, now that I've discovered mixing pigments (why it took me this long, I'll never know) I'm really prefering pigments. I love the way they blend! I guess I go through stages, really. When I get something new, I want to use it! And the last new things I got were a bunch of pigments!!

mreichert

I like pigments better as they're easier to blend and they are so pigmented! But.... I end up using e/s more as they are more convenient
th_dunno.gif

One day I'm going to put my e/s palettes in the closet and just leave out my pigments!
smiles.gif

tigerli17

I'm really getting into pigments (I only have 5 full size and 12 vials at the moment) but without a mixing medium I find some of them rather hard to stay on. They blend really nicely though and so much easier than some of my shadows but due to being a bit scared of knocking them over (super clutz!) I tend to opt for my shadows. Also my shadows are a little less messy and fit better into my everyday case.

I'd love to have the courage to press my piggies but scared of wasting some of them if they don't turn out right. If I pressed them I'd probably use them as much as my shadows.

Divinity

I think I prefer shadows for convenience. I have a good number of pigments, but just never use them
ssad.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerli17
I'm really getting into pigments (I only have 5 full size and 12 vials at the moment) but without a mixing medium I find some of them rather hard to stay on. They blend really nicely though and so much easier than some of my shadows but due to being a bit scared of knocking them over (super clutz!) I tend to opt for my shadows. Also my shadows are a little less messy and fit better into my everyday case.

I'd love to have the courage to press my piggies but scared of wasting some of them if they don't turn out right. If I pressed them I'd probably use them as much as my shadows.

Hey, have you thought about putting your f/s pigments into little sample containers? That's what I did. I was also worried about knocking over a big jar, but this way, if I spill, it's just a little...plus, they're loads easier to travel with!

tigerli17

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Hey, have you thought about putting your f/s pigments into little sample containers? That's what I did. I was also worried about knocking over a big jar, but this way, if I spill, it's just a little...plus, they're loads easier to travel with!

I have actually but something always snatches my money these days and money that I'd normally use to buy things like the containers end up going on nececssities like food for lunch. I've always wanted to ask for sample pigments at my MAC store though but always felt kinda rushed and I end up either forgetting or thinking it's not that important I'll ask again next time. Plus I think I feel too cheeky asking as I only buy my spontaneous items there, normally just a lipstick or eyeshadow, and do big hauls online and always figure they'll say no because I haven't spent loads...

tigerli17

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodles
I have my very first pigment on it's way. Do you think I'll become addicted?
winks.gif

Lol once you find out how much you can do with it, yeah
yes.gif
I like to mix a lil vanilla pigment in with my moisteriser to add a lil glow to my skin, highlight my cheekbones with it ever so slightly. I love adding a dot of Melon or jardin aires on the centre of my lipgloss to add that lil highlight. Now I wanna try my hand at mixing them and making new colours
tong.gif
Pigments are so fun when you're having a bored moment.

What pigment did you get?

Nemo

Quote:

I love both equally. E/s are sooooo easy to use, especially for a morning person like me who doesn't really have the time to deal with the fall out of the pigments. But I love the color of the pigments, so when I have the time I go to town on them.
But trust me, I was sooooooo scared the first time I pressed my first pigment. I actually bought one I kinda liked, that way if I messed up I wouldn't be sad, but if it was a sucess it would be a delightful surprise. But I managed to master the press and haven't looked back since. If you love pigments but hate the fall out, try to press them. It makes them even more lovable!!!

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreichert
I like pigments better as they're easier to blend and they are so pigmented! But.... I end up using e/s more as they are more convenient
th_dunno.gif

Same with me. I tend to forget about my pigments.

doodles

Quote:
Lol once you find out how much you can do with it, yeah
yes.gif
I like to mix a lil vanilla pigment in with my moisteriser to add a lil glow to my skin, highlight my cheekbones with it ever so slightly. I love adding a dot of Melon or jardin aires on the centre of my lipgloss to add that lil highlight. Now I wanna try my hand at mixing them and making new colours
tong.gif
Pigments are so fun when you're having a bored moment.

What pigment did you get?

I got pink pearl. After seeing it at the MAC counter, I just couldn't resist!

Sanayhs

I adore pigments for their versatility and flexibility. I love my eyeshadows for the added convenience in travel and the fact that they can be easier to use, particularly when I'm in a hurry. So... I love both.
greengrin.gif

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty

I think this is a great idea, I also do this.
yes.gif
Every time I acquire a f/s piggie I put some into one of those little containers you get samples in, label it, and reserve it for when I travel. It's very convenient!

AudreyNicole

Hmm, that's tough. I like them both, but use shadows more only because they are more convenient. I am usually in a hurry, and shadows are easier. On the weekends when I have more time, I do use my pigments more. I do use Vanilla pigment (that I pressed) nearly everyday though. I tried using them with mixing medium, but the MM made my eyelids BURN. I just need more time to play with them, I think. I do have tons of samples, and 5 fullsize jars of colors I use often (Vanilla, Your Ladyship, Gold Dusk, Silver Fog, Sweet Sienna). I plan to get the 2 blue ones with Naughty Nauticals too.
smiles.gif

GlamYOURUs

Im getting into pigments myself, I love how bright and vivid most of them are and they are easier to blend. I also have a wide range of shadows but I hardly use them now.
ssad.gif