e/s rec for use with Shale

makeup_junkie

I need an eye shadow to wear with Shale.

Any ideas??

I normally wear Beautiful Iris, Crystal, Moth Brown, and/or Mulch with it. But I'm sick of those and I want to get something new to wear with Shale.

I'm graduating from college next month and I was going to wear Shale to my graduation, which is outside. So I definitely don't want anything dark...and I don't want to do a smokey eye. Shale is most likely going to be the darkest shadow I'll use in this look (unless I can't keep my hands off of Mothbrown).

My dress is grayish/silver (think Silver Ring e/s) with off-white dots on the skirt of the dress. I always want to wear grays, dark silvers, and dark purples because I love them and they look best on me. But I'm not about to match my dress and eye shadow.

I really don't want to use anything super shimmery. I have tons of shimmery eye shadows. Maybe Digit? MAC or non-MAC...it doesn't matter.

...seriously this cannot be all that difficult...but apparently it is!!

By the way, I'm NW 30, green eyes, dark strawberry blonde hair.

Winthrop44

This may be too dark for what you have in mind...I'm not sure...but a MAC Artist recommended the following look to me: Vapour on the inner lid, Shale on the outer lid, Deep Truth blended into the outer crease and Mylar to highlight. Engraved powerpoint to line. I haven't tried it yet but I think it sounds pretty, and since very little Deep Truth is used maybe it would work for you.

makeup_junkie

That would be really pretty (I might actually wear that to work today!!) but it might be too dark for the graduation. I'm only worried about wearing darker eye shadow for the graduation because it will be extremely hot and humid...about 95 degrees and 90% humidity and our cap and gowns are black.

That's why I want something lighter. I really want to do a plum smokey eye but it will just run everywhere when I'm sitting outside for three hours in the heat. Lighter eye makeup will be much easier to repair after the ceremony.

Anyone else?

Winthrop44

You could just leave the Deep Truth out of the artist's suggestion above and use a navy or purple liner.

jpohrer

You could do a dupe of the Catherine Deneuve quad with Shale, Kid, Vanilla and Mink Pink! Prunella liner was also a repromote with the collection. Midimauve would be pretty on the lips, with Stray Rose or Cubic blush!

ben

jest on the lid, shale in the crease

vex on the lid, shale in the crease

shale on the lid, satin taupe in the crease

MAC_Pixie04

DSCF1727.jpg

DSCF1728.jpg

Here i used:
Mauvism paint with Shale over it, Saddle to contour my crease, Vanilla pigment to highlight, Blu-Noir lightly in the outer crease/corner.

I've also used it: Mauvism with Shale on top, Intoxicate (Shadowy Lady subs here) in the crease, Beauty Marked in outer corner.