e/s recommendations!

star07

Hope someone who is familiar with Stila's eyeshadows can help me. I got the following recently at the Warehouse Sale:

Moonlight, Diamond Lil, Dune, Chinois, Jezebel, Oasis, Bouquet, Kitten, Summer, Twig

I'm just wondering:
1) Any recommendations on how to use these colors?
For example, Twig seems veryy reddish to me and I'm not sure if it's a good color for me. Where would you use Chinois and Moonlight, both white-based?

2) Do you see any missing "spots" you think I should fill?

Thanks!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by star07
Hope someone who is familiar with Stila's eyeshadows can help me. I got the following recently at the Warehouse Sale:

Moonlight, Diamond Lil, Dune, Chinois, Jezebel, Oasis, Bouquet, Kitten, Summer, Twig

I'm just wondering:
1) Any recommendations on how to use these colors?
For example, Twig seems veryy reddish to me and I'm not sure if it's a good color for me. Where would you use Chinois and Moonlight, both white-based?

2) Do you see any missing "spots" you think I should fill?

Thanks!

First off, Chinois is more matte in texture and Moonlight is shimmery. You could use Chinois all over the lid as a base or lid color of a look. Moonlight I would use as a highlight for the brow or to brighten the tearduct area. You could also use it as a wash of color over the lid. I absolutely love Jezebel, it was one of my first shadows, and I use it nearly every day. I personally like to use it all over the lid, no matter what color combo I am using. I find it makes blending easier, and it's great when you are doing a very colorful eye, and you don't want dramatic color going from lid to brow. It is just enough in between color. You could to a wash of color all over and use Twig (another gorgeous color) in the crease and kitten on the lid. You could also reverse that and use Kitten all over, focusing on the highlight, Twig again in the crease, and Jezebel on the lid. Diamond Lil (another gorgeous color) is great for smokey looks, esp. if you have a fair complexion. You could line your eyes with a dark brown pencil and smoke it out with a brush, finger or q-tip, then apply Diamond Lil close to the lash line. Dune is another neutral matte that you could use all over the eye again as a base. You could then apply Jezebel throughout the lid and crease and use Oasis as your highlight. You could then take a liner brush and line your lower lash line with Oasis as well.

Bouquet is another matte, neutral color, so again it is going to work well all over the eye. It would look good paired with any of the shadows you picked up, but esp. with Jezebel, Oasis and Moonlight.
Summer is more golden that Jezebel. I often wear the two together, with Jezebel all over and Summer as a highlight. You coud do the same wearing Twig as a liner, or even over the majority of the lid.

hope that helped and have fun with your new shadows!

star07

Funny that you replied to this, twinkle twinkle and star.
oh.gif
) Thanks!! Do you recommend other colors to complement the ones I have? I think I'm receiving a pan of Starlight in a swap soon.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by star07
Funny that you replied to this, twinkle twinkle and star.
oh.gif
) Thanks!! Do you recommend other colors to complement the ones I have? I think I'm receiving a pan of Starlight in a swap soon.

That is funny, lol. I have never seen Starlight in person, but from pictures (and from knowing Stila products) it looks cute and you will probably love it.
I like Sun a lot. It is a shimmery peach and it would look great with Kitten esp. but really all of the colors you have. The great thing about Stila shadows is that they are really wearable, so it's really hard to go wrong (in fact, the only way I think you can really go wrong is if you have a deep skintone and pick a light/matte shade, as they tend to be sheer, and probably wouldn't do much). If you like color, Mambo is a great color to have. It's an iridescent periwinkle and it is such a nice color that I shoud probably wear more often. Another one of my favorites is Cassis (a deep shimmer true purple). It is gorgeous and a nice alternative to blue, black or grey when doing a smokey eye. Posie (plumy eggplant color) is great for the crease as is Barefoot Contessa (a brown with the slightist hint of wine). Pigalle is also beautiful (a deep wine) if you like colors in that family. Cassia is a pink sparkly color that is a must have for you considering the other colors you already have. Twiglight is a nice sheer, shimmery silver that is very nice, esp. with Moonlight. You could do a smokey look with the two of those and Peweter (a dark midnight blue shimmer) as your liner and that would be really nice. Sage would go well with your Diamond Lil. I could keep going, but I will stop, lol.