Earthquake~!

ButterflyKeeper

On the 4th of September, we were hit by a 7.1 earthquake at 4.35am.

Many BAAAWs.

Just thought I'd share.

quake1.jpg

quake2.jpg

quake6.jpg

quake5.jpg

quake4.jpg

quake3.jpg

Bjarka

Thanks for sharing. I'm always interested in Earthquakes
smiles.gif

Hope there are few people hurt. 7.1 is a big one.

ButterflyKeeper

No one died, but a few injuries did happen. One guy had his leg injured and had to have it amputated. Damage to property and historical building, but that was most of it.

lara

The wiiiiiiine!

You poor things across the ditch. As if the earthquake wasn't enough, I sincerely apologise for all the appalling Australian journalists you then had to deal with
winks.gif

LMD84

wow that is terrible. at least nobody died. but injuries and the stress of getting property sorted out much be insane. i'm sending positive thoughts to everybody that was effected.

and yes Lara - not the wine!!!!!

kaliraksha

Wow! That is a big earthquake. So glad no one died.

In the wine picture is there a box flying over the shelves on the right or is that just me?

Thanks for sharing the pics. It's always a reminder that mother nature is bigger than us.

ButterflyKeeper

THE WIIIINE! LULZ!

Aussie jornalists? I haven't encountered any yet, but I'll keep an eye open.

The stress is what gets me; no damage to my place but the disruption and having to deal with the aftershocks is what really frays my nerves. Must get back to studiesss! Uni is open again!

Nzsallyb

some of the MAs showed me a pic of the MAC counter, heaps of foundation bottles toppled off the shelf and smashed everywhere! it was an orangy mess

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
some of the MAs showed me a pic of the MAC counter, heaps of foundation bottles toppled off the shelf and smashed everywhere! it was an orangy mess

Oh no! I think we all agree it might now be "noooo the mac!"

ButterflyKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb

WHERE?! OMG! No wonder Ballantynes was closed for a few days!! OH GOD, NOT THE MAC~~! PICZORITDIDN'THAPPEN~!

Latest posts