Easiest liquid liner to use?

KTB

My synchro skating team has a competition next weekend and I'm usually the one who does the make-up. However this year I am waiting to give birth so may or may not be able to do it
th_dunno.gif

My question is this - what liner would you say would be the easiest for people with virtually no experience with make-up whatsoever. Should I go with the new penultimate? Liquidlast or liquid?

I had planned to use my fluidline because it's dramatic and we just can't get that kind of line with a pencil that doesn't smear. But I'm not sure the fluidline is easy enough to use - it took me ages to figure it out. The two who will doing makeup in my absence are only going to have one night to practice.

Thanks
greengrin.gif

Fairybelle

My rec would be to use a pencil first as a guideline--draw on the line, then follow with Fluidline over it with a angled brush. The pencil will help guide the line, and cover up any areas that the brush may not reach (for example, if your hand isn't steady, your brush stroke may not be fully even, and that is where your pre-lined lids can hide the potential gaps). All liquid eyeliners require some practice-- I personally find using the Fluidline from the pot is the easiest since it doesn't run or splatter. HTH!

M.A.C. head.

I don't know if they have Wet n Wild in Canada, but if they do, the liquid liners are very good and they are only 2 to 3 dollars each.

BestRx

I started with Prestige liquid liner. The brush is so firm, it was impossible for me to screw it up.

Meisje

Gosh liquid liners (available at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada) have a teeny brush that's easy to maneuver, and they come in lots of colors.

KTB

We do have Wet and Wild so maybe I'll get some of that for this competition since we may only use it once. I'll look at Gosh too, I always forget about that line honestly. I've never seen Prestige I don't think.

I always get the team to buy MAC because then when we change programs the next year I use the left overs LOL

caitlin1593

I LOVE Urban Decay's in Perversion (black) but for beginners I'd go with pencil. but if it needs to be liquid i find UD's semi-easy. The brush is what makes it easier for a lot of people

kariii

my roommate has never used eyeliner before and i got her the pen ultimate for xmas and she freaking loves it and thinks it was the easiest thing to use.

abbey_08

if u want mac then i suggest penultimate because its sooo easy to use

also...i dunno if you can get bourjois but they do a liquid liner called glitter fizz and it has a verrrry slight glitter/shimmer to it and it it is the most easiest and prettiest liquid eyeliner in the world. its like a liquid version of the black pearlglider.

KTB

Ooh abbey_08 that liquid liner would be perfect, I'll have to see if I can get it - and if it would be here by the weekend. However, we could try something for this competition and then something else for the next one
smiles.gif

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlin1593
I LOVE Urban Decay's in Perversion (black) but for beginners I'd go with pencil. but if it needs to be liquid i find UD's semi-easy. The brush is what makes it easier for a lot of people

I love it too! And thats its super dark!
yahoo.gif

KTB

Since I don't have a MAC near me
ssad.gif
and I wasn't sure if ordering online would have gotten things to me by Friday I went with a drugstore version of the Penultimate and the girls were great with it last night yay!! I think for the next competition I'll get a Penultimate - that way I have an excuse to try it and such
greengrin.gif

Thanks for all the different suggestions.

Latest posts