Ebay advice?

asnbrb

This is what the dispute says so far:

kakazuyaSep-16-06 at 18:12:34 PDT

I don't feel that good feedback is necessary in this circumstance. I was willing to NOT leave feedback
in this case, because if anything, this has been quite the hardship.

kakazuyaSep-16-06 at 18:08:15 PDT

Are you threatening me with the fact that if I don't leave good feedback, then you won't withdraw?
You already agreed via the Ebay messaging system.

sincity750Sep-16-06 at 14:55:59 PDT

FINE THEN YOU LEAVE GOOD FEEDBACK AND SO WILL I.

kakazuyaSep-16-06 at 10:36:45 PDT

Per Ebay: If the buyer confirms the seller's statement about mutual agreement not to complete the
transaction, the buyer will not receive an Unpaid Item strike and the seller will receive a Final
Value Fee credit.

kakazuyaSep-16-06 at 10:33:58 PDT

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/ques...ee-relist.html

kakazuyaSep-16-06 at 10:33:12 PDT

So you opened a dispute because you don't want to pay more money? It looks like you're brand new.
If you mutually agree to withdraw and you relist, you can receive a "free relist" if your new listing
ends up in a positive outcome.

sincity750Sep-16-06 at 03:42:21 PDT

and paypal straightened things out. it costs me money to relist.

kakazuyaSep-16-06 at 02:47:28 PDT

The fact that you did not accept it in the first place raised flags for me. I told you to please
relist the item. You said "that's fine".

kakazuyaSep-16-06 at 02:40:47 PDT

I told you that I am no longer interested in the item.

sincity750Sep-16-06 at 02:38:52 PDT

send your payment to ***********@aol.com

sincity750Sep-16-06 at 02:38:20 PDT

the paypal situation was fixed and everything is back up and running. they apologized for the
inconvenience.

kakazuyaSep-16-06 at 02:14:32 PDT

I was under the assumption that we agreed that I would not have to pay for the item considering that
you do not accept Paypal anymore. I told you that I was uncomfortable with the fact that you wanted
me to pay via a money order instead and you said that it was fine.

eBaySep-16-06 at 01:43:17 PDT

An Unpaid Item dispute has been opened for the following item: 2006 SUZUKI GSXR 600 750 1000 FRONT ROTORS PAIR (#170025224365)
Reason given for Unpaid Item: The buyer has not paid for the item.
Buyer actions reported by seller: The buyer's payment has not been received.

asnbrb

P.S.: writing on the dispute counts as responding, right? I want to make sure that I address everything.

asnbrb

he just sent this:

kakazuyaSep-16-06 at 18:28:26 PDT

And the fact of the matter is that 1.) you already broke the original terms of agreement (by not
having your paypal in the first place despite it being written on the listing) and 2.) you already
agreed to the withdraw via the messaging system. Why are you backtracking on your word when you can
just relist the item with no cost to you and use Paypal on that?

sincity750Sep-16-06 at 18:24:17 PDT

fact of the matter is that the paypal situation is corrected now.

asnbrb

UPDATE!

Apparently, sincity750 is no longer a registered member of ebay. I had a family party, so I wasn't on for 4 hours. I just checked to see if he answered the dispute and apparently, he just was given a negative by ANOTHER member AND he's no longer a member of ebay. The dispute is still open, but I guess there's nothing that can come of that one.

Yay!!

aeni

there's a lot of this going around constantly. my account was just hacked this morning with 50+ unauthorized items being sold and over $100 in listing fees. ebay resolved it, and i'm glad you didn't get suckerpunched in by this person.

there's a reason why i don't buy from first time buyers or over pricing the "handling" part of shipping. next to feedback, that's a big hint of a scam.

caffn8me

Do still keep going through with the dispute process. He was a registered member of eBay when the auction ended and he may still be a member of PayPal. Also be sure to send all eBay messages to PayPal if you haven't done so already.

asnbrb

Holy crap. I'm sorry to hear of your account! I'm glad that everything worked out though. That's unreal!

asnbrb

So what happens when he's no longer a member, but I still have a dispute open? After so many days, does ebay step in or something? I'm not quite sure.

caffn8me

I'm not sure but the dispute was raised through PayPal as I understand it which he may still be a member of. That's why I suggest continuing to go through with the process if you are asked to do so. His closure of his eBay account and negative feedback will simply put you in an even stronger position if he is able gto go through with the dispute via PayPal.

asnbrb

The dispute was through ebay itself. I did email paypal and tell them of the situation. Should I raise a dispute through paypal as well? I'm not sure what to report it under- item not received although I didn't pay?

aeni

if you didn't send this guy any money to begin with, i don't think you should have to raise this up with paypal though it will help make it difficult on him getting another account in the future.

asnbrb

I messaged the guy who left the negative and told him to raise a dispute through paypal (though with the seller telling me that he had no paypal in the beginning, I'm not sure how the other buyer paid).

Hmm... I find that I'm no longer as worried as I used to be... more like, out for blood.
smiles.gif