ebay and anything i want is so aggrevating

Pushpa

i have come to the conclusion that ebay really just sucks and i will elab now on why

it doesn't matter what you are looking to get a deal on it doesn't exist on ebay at all.....mac mu fake or real is outrageously overpriced...now i get for some ppl this works out that buying it at home ie england and what not but in edmonton mac is really cheap we have no pst and pay 6 percent tax....

it takes forever to find something on ebay and when i say forever i mean a good 2-3 hour browse for which i have to really be in the mood for i hate typing in my search and find an entire crapload of ugly shit and then a keychain that says dior on it

now i know i am a noob to ebay i really am but man sometimes i just get so irritated all i want is to find the tote from the rasta collection for a decent price and i would like some decent pics so i can tell if it is fake but i suppose that the way the cookie crumbles

lastly you can't be too specific or too vague in your searches and i have to admit when i go on ebay it is to hold down business i know exactly what i am looking for but my time dwindles away as i browse through all the crap i don't want to even look at....

alright thats all i have to say i am done

ILoveMacMakeup

I totally agree with you. I hate searching for Mac and coming up with 6000 pigment samples. Most of the time all I want to look at is e/s. They need to come up with a way to filter that stuff out.

sweetmelissa

I could not agree more! And I am not a newbie but everytime I shop for anything I have to look at a bunch of junk that has nothing to do with what I want and I can only assume the sellers are keyword spamming me. If I'm shopping for Stila I don't want to see Dior, MAC, Estee Lauder or any other cosmetics. And it makes no sense because even if you get me to look at your auction-if its not what I'm looking for I'm still not going to bid, duh! This even occurs when I'm shopping for baby stuff for my son so it isn't limited to just cosmetics auctions.

I really hate having to sift through 5 gazillion pigment sample auctions to find the one full jar I'm looking for-gah! I totally hear your rant on this.

natalie75

ebay

I had the same problem,until I realized I could go to "advanced search" and eliminate certain words. So I go to "health and beauty", type MAC, go to advanced search and eliminate "pigment" or "pigments" or whatever I want outta there. Hope that helps
lol.gif

Jaim

I found a really cheap flat iron on ebay once but other than that, I hate it. Haha.

bluegrassbabe

2nd using the advanced search option. Also putting in quotations and specifics like "fullsize" "full-size" "NIB" and searching for individual colors rather than just pigment or eyeshadow helps.

litlaur

I know what you mean! It's also really annoying when people misspell things. I've had much better luck browsing by category. I don't use eBay much, but I've found some really great stuff. It just takes a bit more work that you'd think.

BadBadGirl

The sellers do that on purpose. You may be looking for MAC but they want you to buy their Dior product so they put MAC in the descriptions. There really isn't anyway around it other than the advanced search which I haven't tried yet.
Most of the things I look for are pretty specific so thankfully I don't have to search through more than 4 or 5 pages if that.

Wattage

I agree with you, Pushpa! I have given up buying things on ebay. I have been ripped off so many times, paid way too much and had crappy service. I much more enjoy buying off of Specktra. I really don't know where people get off thinking ebay is this great deal... I have yet to see some of those!!