eBay and Paypal Report (Video)

Xqueeze_me

I missed this video which was aired a few weeks ago on Australian TV, Channel 7's Today Tonight. Fortunately, someone posted that video up on YouTube!

It's about eBay and Paypal not doing their job. eBay's Director of Trust and Safety, Alastair MacGibbon = bullsh*t artist! I love how they cut him off at 5:22.

Here's the video: YouTube - Ebay and Paypal - Today Tonight report

babiid0llox

I'm so angry at ebay, there's nothing to help you if a seller is dodgy (and participating in over 150 transactions in the last 2 months especially international I've had my fair share of dodgy sellers).

I'm not using eBay anymore not even to sell...new Paypal policy was the last straw. Also counterfeits and fakes reign supreme on that site, not just MAC pigments and e/s...EVERYTHING!
angry.gif

chameleonmary

OZtion Auctions - Online auction site, buy & sell iPods, iPhones, GPS, laptops, Nokia mobiles and more at bargain prices.

This site is only starting but I am extremely happy with the service...

Ebay is going to shoot themselves in the foot when people start organising bank deposits etc. and disguise them as 'cash on delivery' transactions. I already heard of people who organise to sell an item on Ebay for $1.00 and via bank deposit they pay the 'real price' just to screw them on the fees (which were screwing them to begin with).

Please spread the word people, Ebay should be investigated for this kind of behaviour... they have the highest vested interests in making transactions Paypal only. Isnt what theyre doing bordering on illegal?

Xqueeze_me

This website, OZtion, is unfortunately FULL of fake MAC but I suppose its kinda ok with lower fees and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleonmary
OZtion Auctions - Online auction site, buy & sell iPods, iPhones, GPS, laptops, Nokia mobiles and more at bargain prices.

This site is only starting but I am extremely happy with the service...

Ebay is going to shoot themselves in the foot when people start organising bank deposits etc. and disguise them as 'cash on delivery' transactions. I already heard of people who organise to sell an item on Ebay for $1.00 and via bank deposit they pay the 'real price' just to screw them on the fees (which were screwing them to begin with).

Please spread the word people, Ebay should be investigated for this kind of behaviour... they have the highest vested interests in making transactions Paypal only. Isnt what theyre doing bordering on illegal?

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
This website, OZtion, is unfortunately FULL of fake MAC but I suppose its kinda ok with lower fees and all.

True - there is currently a glut of counterfeit products that seem to be appearing. There doesn't seem to be anywhere immune from these.

chameleonmary

Bummer they literally must have spring up recently as I have been using Oztion for a few months and never came across anything sus... which items in particular?