EBAY DEALS & STEALS: Please don't...

COBI

It looks like ebay steals & deals is a new subforum which on its own I don't have an issue with, but...

Am I the only one that is being driven insane by the fact that I've had to scroll through almost 300 new posts today that each list a single ebay item???
thmbdn.gif

Seriously, it is *too* much. My honest opinion is that there are literally thousands of MAC items on ebay, and people who are looking for ebay deals should just do a search there.

PLEASE don't bog down my "new" posts lists with all of these entries. If I continue to have to scroll through hundreds of ebay postings, I will likely visit specktra less and less often and would be unlikely to renew my premium membership.

Pretty Please?

Thanks for listening,
Laura

EDIT: THANKS TO JANICE FOR CHANGING THESE TO NOT SHOW IN THE "NEW" POSTS!
smiles.gif

M.A.C.tastic

I was just going to do my own post about this! I have not visited in a few months since I have been busy with school, and just signed on tonight. I did my usual click, new posts and I saw all that crap. It makes me so mad!!!! It is ridiculous and why on earth someone would have that here is beyond me. Half that crap is fake anyway. If it isn't deleted or stopped I will never visit again!

SMMY

You can always use the report post function to report a spammer. The report post button is under their user name (the little triangle with an exclamation point) and let mods know that this poster is spamming. I'm sure they'll be banned in no time if enough people report them.

janelovesyou

I am so confused by this. I don't understand, is this a person who is actually posting all of these auctions or some kind of program? There are like dozens that were posted in the same minute. I too dislike how it clogs up the "new post" page. People generally don't tend to share ebay auctions because they want to save themselves from being outbid, so I don't even see how this is beneficial.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
You can always use the report post function to report a spammer. The report post button is under their user name (the little triangle with an exclamation point) and let mods know that this poster is spamming. I'm sure they'll be banned in no time if enough people report them.

I thought it was spam at first, but it's listed in it's own sub-forum. Wouldn't it have to be authorized to have this feature?

anjelik_dreamin

It seems like some seller marketing their (most likely fake) products. If I wanted to get scammed, I'd do an ebay search.

coachkitten

I agree with everyone above! I think that this seems like a waste of space here on Specktra! Sorry for being so mean but I just don't see why this was added.

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I thought it was spam at first, but it's listed in it's own sub-forum. Wouldn't it have to be authorized to have this feature?

I'm assuming the forum was authorized, but the spamming of it isn't. I'm also sure the mods don't want a forum with fifteen kazillion posts by one poster/spammer either. It'll probably take them awhile to get the reported posts message and to clean it up, since the Deals poster is so um, prolific. Mods and Admins have lives too and probably just haven't seen it yet.

MiCHiE

I don't know....whomever is posting it has been doing so since 5:00. I'm sure someone has seen it.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, because it's annoying as hell.

redambition

The posts aren't all for one seller. There are a variety of sellers in the posted items - so it's not a seller spamming their own items. The fact that the user's nickname matches the name of the forum is also interesting...

I'm intrigued... can any Specktra staff member shed any light on this new forum?
smiles.gif

Also - the comments about the items being fake/the forum is a scam: what about all the honest sellers? there are still quite a few out there. How can you assume items are fake if you haven't even bothered to check them out?

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I don't know....whomever is posting it has been doing so since 5:00. I'm sure someone has seen it.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, because it's annoying as hell.

I don't know how this board's hierarchy is set up, but at some boards, only Admins have access to banning or editing in a given sub forum. So even though there maybe other Mods around, it may not be their sub forum and they may not have the capacity to remove the post or ban the poster. Remember this is a board where people volunteer to serve as mods and admins. It's not like a 9-5 business where someone is always there to fix things immediately. I'm sure it will be taken care of soon, just give the Admins a chance to deal with it first.

ETA: I'm assuming it is some sort of spambot that just is posting a bunch of eBay sellers who maybe use their services. I can't imagine any other reason for making so many hundreds of posts for single items.

Pnk85

I'm confused because the posts in the thread are all from the same user.... When you say seller do mean the seller in ebay or the seller that became a member of specktra today & is posting all of those threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
The posts aren't all for one seller. There are a variety of sellers in the posted items - so it's not a seller spamming their own items. The fact that the user's nickname matches the name of the forum is also interesting...

I'm intrigued... can any Specktra staff member shed any light on this new forum?
smiles.gif

Also - the comments about the items being fake/the forum is a scam: what about all the honest sellers? there are still quite a few out there. How can you assume items are fake if you haven't even bothered to check them out?

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnk85
I'm confused because the posts in the thread are all from the same user.... When you say seller do mean the seller in ebay or the seller that became a member of specktra today & is posting all of those threads?

I meant the seller on eBay
smiles.gif

FOr anyone who hasn't seen - there is an explanation on the new forum here

Janice has also removed the new posts from the search.. thanks Janice!

anjelik_dreamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition

Well from what I've experienced/seen others experience, a great number of MAC ebay listings are....and with no verification they ARE authentic, plus the dozens of posts happening in one minute, I personally am wary. I in no way want to slam the hardworking ebay sellers out there, I'd just rather be safe.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelik_dreamin
Well from what I've experienced/seen others experience, a great number of MAC ebay listings are....and with no verification they ARE authentic, plus the dozens of posts happening in one minute, I personally am wary. I in no way want to slam the hardworking ebay sellers out there, I'd just rather be safe.

The forum is setup to feed new MAC Cosmetics listing directly from eBay from a carefully crafted search string. There is no specific seller that is targeted, simply the new products being listed from various auctions that match the string I created. This is an addition to the forum I thought might be helpful for those who are savvy and enjoy purchasing their products online. As always, I encourage everyone to carefully review the item they are purchasing, whether it is on eBay or Specktra Clearance Bin.

It's your choice to view the feature or not; no harm, no foul. Apologies for me stepping out and being unable to finish the project in whole. I always tend to be late because I am always on the computer working on something.
smiles.gif

Brittni

haha. I was SO annoyed that I PMed Janice personally about it cause I thought it was a troller as well. Soo glad to hear it's fixed.
greengrin.gif

Willa

I guess not everybody goes throught the forum the same way because it never bottered me...

It's a nice feature anyway
thmbup.gif